General Joy of joys……😱

Currently reading:
General Joy of joys……😱

Off side renovation….can any one beat this workmanship!
The last pic is of the front wheel arch joint between the inner and outer seams. As it is this is now removed for the arch widening work.

Attachments

• IMG_4216.jpeg
    IMG_4216.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4217.jpeg
    IMG_4217.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4218.jpeg
    IMG_4218.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4219.jpeg
    IMG_4219.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Did the same guy work on both our cars?
IMG_8706.jpeg

The 'repairs' I found on my rear inner arch were just as bad. Not old were the welded done straight through the under seal and so dirty and poorly penetrating that I was able to just stick a big screwdriver under them and peel the patch off, but the bump stop is welded in completely the wrong place and wouldn't have hit the wishbone....
IMG_7843.jpeg

As for the arch lip, I’ll raise you new front wings and rear quarters fitted over the top of the hacked off remains of the old wheel arches, and then fibreglass filler used to bridge the gap (n)

IMG_7638.jpeg

It was a long 9 months of cutting and welding till my shell was free of all the previous 'repairs', but it was so worth it to know the shell is done right 🙂

Must have been the same bloke..😂. that black under seal 😱😱
I don't know where MY car was "repaired", but I am beginnning to think that maybe he did my car as well! Whoever DID work on my car had very few welding skill, but a great deal of skill with pop-rivets, roofing-bolts and coach-screws! When I had the front of my car 're-aligned' it just got worse and worse, to the point that I just will not show my wife some of the pictures that the body-shop who did the eventual (proper!) repair took. If we had suffered a front-end crash before the re-build, the front of the car would have folded up like a cardboard box. And yet, due to the amount of underseal on the car, it went through at least 4 MOT inspection with no problem! If I ever catch up with the guy, I won't be responsible for my actions, so bad was the work carried out on the car.

Back