Styling Jodi's Mk2 Progress

Currently reading:
Styling Jodi's Mk2 Progress

yh they never seem to have any FIAT BLACK 601 anymore, if they do they only have like 2 cans and restock like every 2 weeks lol it seems to be the only paint that they dont have lol, try halfords or wilco for paints

you can get HYCOTE 150ml can of colour code paint small can but right colour code.

And oh yeah its better to use a primer which isnt to the same lightness of your paint, so when your applying paint over the primer you can see any spots you have missd clearly

good luck (y)

Last edited:
yh they never seem to have any FIAT BLACK 601 anymore, if they do they only have like 2 cans and restock like every 2 weeks lol it seems to be the only paint that they dont have lol, try halfords or wilco for paints

you can get HYCOTE 150ml can of colour code paint small can but right colour code.

And oh yeah its better to use a primer which isnt to the same lightness of your paint, so when your applying paint over the primer you can see any spots you have missd clearly

good luck (y)

Yeah holfords just didn't stock my colour at all, it ain't in the book thing lol :(

So would I be better using grey or white? cos white is lighter so I would still see it.. but grey is quite a lot darker so I might have to put more layers of paint on to cover the primer? :confused:

I'll ask which your meant to use when I ask for the paint. Also some colours need the clear laquar aswell.

even if it doesnt need laquer i would still use it, my paint doesnt need any laquer but i still use it, all it does is make it shine more and give it a protective layer.

Without laquer your paint is exposed to weather conditions, i would say use grey primer but im no expert for your colour code so id wait til bredsticz asks at that shop

id go for white. end of day its very light and you will still be able to see where you havent painted over. primers there to help the paint stick, colour is just so you can see where you havent sprayed. grays good for dark colours. theres also red primer, not sure what id use that on tho lol. halfords dont stock many mk2 paints now but they will mix them for you if you know the paint code (which now you do lol) think its about £13 a tin max, but not sure what size tin. id say 300ml or 500ml.

oh you coming to the meet at trafford centre on monday?

yeah every 17th we have planned it. and whats so bad about turning up with trims? lol. its good to turn up for a chat. you get some ideas then too. people turn up in batterd cars (rust etc) so not having alloys aint a big embarasment lol. get yourself there mate

yeah I went to halfords again today with my boyfriend, saw red, yellow, grey and white primer :) and I think I'd be better off with laquer even though I don't think my paint needs it cos it's metallic?

And about the meet, my car's still basically standard at the mo and that's why I don't want to go to the meet haha maybe at least when I've got my alloys? I don't knowwwww!! :(

yeah I went to halfords again today with my boyfriend, saw red, yellow, grey and white primer :) and I think I'd be better off with laquer even though I don't think my paint needs it cos it's metallic?

And about the meet, my car's still basically standard at the mo and that's why I don't want to go to the meet haha maybe at least when I've got my alloys? I don't knowwwww!! :(

dont matter if its not modded. its nice and clean and untouched lol. its good to get some ideas and plenty of people turn up in non modded cars. last meet puntodaz turned up in his mark one punto. full of dints and bits of rust. but no-one took the pi55. everyone just has a good chat with each other. oh and you in a way did start that meet off. if it wasnt for you getting confussed from that old thread then i dout this meet would never have been planned. so you have to be there as you created the meet haha

Metallic paint is the paint that needs lacquer.

Oh well I didn't know that, I thought metallic was shiny enough without it? But then again metallic has the little glittery bits in it doesn't it so I understand now :) Thanks (y)

if it wasnt for you getting confussed from that old thread then i dout this meet would never have been planned. so you have to be there as you created the meet haha

Haha I suppose so yeah, but I can't :( maybe the next one, no money for petrol and busy tonight (n)

06122009191.jpg

That is E-tech spray without lacquer

How big are those lights though, really?! haha :)

Went to that shop today, same as mine. Been discontinued. Only way to get it now is to have it mixed.
www.paints4u.com or www.autopaints.com are apparently the best mixers.

Grey primer you use with it and need the lacquar aswell!
Don't order a touch up pen either! Mine didn't match at all! Same code aswell

Aww thankyouu :)

Think I'm gonna have to fork out for a new clutch now though so mods and stuff are gonna have to wait :(

Aww thankyouu :)

Think I'm gonna have to fork out for a new clutch now though so mods and stuff are gonna have to wait :(

lol i gotta fork out quite a bit for steerin damage and im still moddin mine even before iv fixed the bent steerin lol haf of the spliter is still on the floor and im still plannin on smoothin bumpers lmao i have no common sense:D

fixx it first then mod lol

lol i gotta fork out quite a bit for steerin damage and im still moddin mine even before iv fixed the bent steerin lol haf of the spliter is still on the floor and im still plannin on smoothin bumpers lmao i have no common sense:D

fixx it first then mod lol

Have you even passed your test yet? Lol.. I'm sure I seen something about you bein 16?

I've not got the money to do both and I need my car to get to work otherwise I'm forked! lol

Back