Front_View1.jpg

Grande Punto "Jess The Diesel Machine".

Introduction

Well it was late december 09 and I found a beaut on auto trader. two 110mile roundtrips later and I brought her home.
56 plate 1.9 Mjet Sporting
38,000 miles on the clock FSH
Climate Control,
SkyDome,
Cruise Control,

Within the first week I peeled the "lovely":rolleyes: 'Woodleigh of Chestefields' Sticker off and she stayed like this for about 4 months.
Side_View1.jpg

Side_View_21.jpg

Rear_View1.jpg

couple of clean reflection shots
Front_View_2.jpg

Front_View1.jpg

Rear_View_3.jpg

Rear_View_2.jpg

I also managed to do a wee bit of damage to one of my alloys on a mahoosive pot hole
Alloy22.jpg

Alloy12.jpg

:rolleyes: Not impressed!

I then decided to get some new plates
New_Plates2.jpg

the front one is a self adhesive vinyl. Ordered from Crags plate, an Irish website.

Couple more reflection shots :rolleyes:
Reflection2.jpg

Reflection11.jpg

A wee bit bumpy, needs machine polishing I think

Also Ordered a Shark Fin, after a little modding to boost reception it was on, aslo tinted the windows my self, dark smoke, 20% light transmission. i'll get it done professionally next year but for £6 I gave it a shot and it came out pretty well... eventually:rolleyes:
shark_fin1.jpg

Next up was these two little puppies
Front_Airdam.jpg

Rear_Airdam3.jpg

Thanks very much to Cooks who supplied them quickly and at a very good price (y)

and after a week in the body shop they came out like this :D
airdam_fitted2.jpg

airdam_fitted11.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

Photo01311.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0129.jpg

airdam_fitted3.jpg

airdam_fitted4.jpg

Photo01271.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Photo01351.jpg

Thanks very much to SIS body repair in Stone, Stafford for a cracking job :D

need save some money for now but in the pipe line so far is as follows:-
  • new indicator bulbs :rolleyes:
  • european reverse light with a red bulb in so the back end is symetrical-ish
  • vinyl bit behind sky dome (will be done this week)
  • either refurb alloys in anthracite or get some abarths
abarth_alloys.jpg

• angel eyes, daylines without the led's or some "home made" gp s1 headlights taken apart sprayed black and a bi-xenon projector incorporated:rolleyes:
  • Remap next year!
  • Induction possibly GSR
  • Get the dash looking something similar to this
Dash5.jpg

and who knows what else :)
comments welcome :)
Re: "Jess The Diesel Monster"

Unfortunately I haven't had chance to get any decent pictures after I had done the detailing, but as is becoming the tradition of me cleaning the car, a few days later someone runs into it :bang:

So here's the damage

Right peeved off to say the least, and because the lady who did it says I was at fault even though it was blatantly her fault, it will inevitably get dragged through the insurance, I'll end up paying hundreds of excess, I'll loose my NCB and have to sell the damn car next year 'cus I want be able to insure it. Although I have been in contact with the highways agency described what happened and they say it was her fault aswell, although no witnesses, so its her word against mine unless I can persuade her to realise it is actually her fault :mad:

Cracked the bumper and pushed it into the car slightly so it sticks out too far on the arch. Dont really know if it can be repaired but I'll have a battle to get a new bumper and air dam and all smoothed in even though it is declared on the insurance :mad::([/QUOTE]

wasn't as bad as what a idiot done to mine and wrote it off :mad::(

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...6672_100000608154558_1037812_1827550095_n.jpg

Last edited:
Any developments on the exhaust front??

im a fan of the twin exit, would fancy it myself

going for a full system or just these end pipes for styling ?

Dave

It's been a while hasn't it!?

Sorry I haven't updated this thread much, but after that silly women went into the back of the car last year I completely lost interest with it and used it as a tool to get me from a to b.

After much debate recently over selling the damn thing or not I have decided to keep her until after Christmas at least. The reason I want rid is I have gone and got my self a really good job, but it means a 180 mile round trip every day until I move down south next year, for which the GP isn't all that comfortable.

So I test drove BMW 5 series, Audi A4's, Vauxhall Insignia's etc. They were amazing compared to the 'ickle Punto and after seeing a Vauxhall Insignia SRi Vx-Line Red with sat nav and a whole host of goodies I was ready to get rid of Jess and upgrade. However, it was just too much! I therefore decided to fix the Punto, (still need the back bumper fixing :eek: gearbox has the dreaded 6th gear whine, one of the wheel bearings is droning like a good 'un but I can't figure out which (n) etc.) So in a couple of weeks I will update some pictures of the freshly painted bumpers and wings and how the car stands.

I am also contemplating using the car as a project so I have something to put in a portfolio. (I graduated a few months ago as an Engineer but really wanted to go into design), the job I managed to get is with Jaguar Land Rover liaising between engineering and various departments but doesn't actually involve any design or engineering. Therefore when I eventually move on to design I think having a portfolio would be an advantage. So, I am thinking of stripping the car and re-trimming various parts (mainly in leather and suede) and designing some parts and getting them made up. But on the other hand is it just a waste of money? What do you guys think?

Anyway, watch this space!

As of 17-Oct-2012 the Punto is no longer mine. I reluctantly sold her due to the unreliability of the car and mechanical degradation, it made more sense to put a £2k deposit down on a newer car than pay the same to fix the Punto. The rush in which it was sold meant I was unable to take pictures, fortunately I have kindly stolen them from the dealers website that bought the car off of me.

The Punto has made way for a Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X. At first I was less than keen on the Mondy but having driven it for a couple of weeks I love it, it handles better than my Punto, it is the same speed (for now :devil: ) but best of all is how comfy it is. Plus heated seats are amazing when cruising down the m6 at 6am for 2 hours.

If anyone has any questions about the Punto don't hesitate to ask. She will be missed :(

The good news is that Jess is still alive and now living in Somerset!

I bought the car for my son who absolutely adores her! Be great to hear from Willey

Gary

Well you have some car history here on the forum. Which is better than most other GP's out there. Keep the car on the forum, Jess was a popular GP :devil:

Back