Front_View1.jpg

Grande Punto "Jess The Diesel Machine".

Introduction

Well it was late december 09 and I found a beaut on auto trader. two 110mile roundtrips later and I brought her home.
56 plate 1.9 Mjet Sporting
38,000 miles on the clock FSH
Climate Control,
SkyDome,
Cruise Control,

Within the first week I peeled the "lovely":rolleyes: 'Woodleigh of Chestefields' Sticker off and she stayed like this for about 4 months.
Side_View1.jpg

Side_View_21.jpg

Rear_View1.jpg

couple of clean reflection shots
Front_View_2.jpg

Front_View1.jpg

Rear_View_3.jpg

Rear_View_2.jpg

I also managed to do a wee bit of damage to one of my alloys on a mahoosive pot hole
Alloy22.jpg

Alloy12.jpg

:rolleyes: Not impressed!

I then decided to get some new plates
New_Plates2.jpg

the front one is a self adhesive vinyl. Ordered from Crags plate, an Irish website.

Couple more reflection shots :rolleyes:
Reflection2.jpg

Reflection11.jpg

A wee bit bumpy, needs machine polishing I think

Also Ordered a Shark Fin, after a little modding to boost reception it was on, aslo tinted the windows my self, dark smoke, 20% light transmission. i'll get it done professionally next year but for £6 I gave it a shot and it came out pretty well... eventually:rolleyes:
shark_fin1.jpg

Next up was these two little puppies
Front_Airdam.jpg

Rear_Airdam3.jpg

Thanks very much to Cooks who supplied them quickly and at a very good price (y)

and after a week in the body shop they came out like this :D
airdam_fitted2.jpg

airdam_fitted11.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

Photo01311.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0129.jpg

airdam_fitted3.jpg

airdam_fitted4.jpg

Photo01271.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Photo01351.jpg

Thanks very much to SIS body repair in Stone, Stafford for a cracking job :D

need save some money for now but in the pipe line so far is as follows:-
  • new indicator bulbs :rolleyes:
  • european reverse light with a red bulb in so the back end is symetrical-ish
  • vinyl bit behind sky dome (will be done this week)
  • either refurb alloys in anthracite or get some abarths
abarth_alloys.jpg

• angel eyes, daylines without the led's or some "home made" gp s1 headlights taken apart sprayed black and a bi-xenon projector incorporated:rolleyes:
  • Remap next year!
  • Induction possibly GSR
  • Get the dash looking something similar to this
Dash5.jpg

and who knows what else :)
comments welcome :)
Just need do the cam belt and water pump, I was supposed to do it today but the bloody garage let me down. So I may be doing it Sunday (my birthday) :/ if I can convince my dad to teach me how to do it, and help me, at the uni workshop. And it turns out the wheel bearing I replaced wasn't the main source of noise. I think I've killed the front bearing in my accident as well as the rear. So need to investigate that before moving onto sound deadening and ICE. All whilst moving house yet again next week.

gutted. sunday!? my bday is tomorow, feb is where its at ;) fair enough, i dno how to do it either lol. when did you have an accident? what plans have you got with regards to ICE? lol, does sound like you're gonna be busy then :p

Well, I say teach me. I know how to do it, but having never done one before I'm a little nervous. Happy birthday for tomorrow man. I slid on some ice and bent an alloy and the inner tie rod. Search for threads I've started, one is called torsion beam / axle and I can't recall what thr othrr is called. I took a picture of the tie rod before I finally threw it away the other day, I'll put it up soon. On the ICE front, I want to put the sub in the wheel well and create a false floor keeping as much space as possible in the boot, it'll be nice and subtle. I also want to use my old phone as somewhat of a car pc, I want it to look like the aftermarket one in the mk1 Audi tt located in the centre air vents.

Oh i see lol, i'd be the same tbh. cheers :) bad times, i must've missed those threads. same thing happened to me in my last car, but i didn't bend the alloy thankfully.

ICE sounds good mate. i prefer subtle sound systems, thats why i hate 6x9s, i think they look awful in the parcel shelf. not really heard of anyone doing that before with their phone lol. if you do get round to it i'll be interested to have a look.

Ta mate. well I've got a samsung jet which I've read can be ported onto Android :D and it looks about the right size to fit in the vent opening, but we will have to wait and see how that turns out. But hopefully will have some Android based obd2 software on there aswell as some sat nav :) I am hopefully going to get the alloy straightened as I still aren't sold on these Abarths :/ they just look to small due to the lack of contrasting colours, that and the massive arch gaps.

"Jess The Diesel Monster"

Not updated in a while so I may aswell chuck the pictures on that I said I would.

The pollen filter that apparently had never been replaced. Nice :rolleyes:

The state of the bent tie rod after my bambi on ice routine (n)
But the Corsa D one does fit and here is that part number :yum:

Had another machine polishing session and finally ripped the badges off. The P will be getting moved over to where the O was so this photo was more for reference really.

Unfortunately I haven't had chance to get any decent pictures after I had done the detailing, but as is becoming the tradition of me cleaning the car, a few days later someone runs into it :bang:

So here's the damage

Right peeved off to say the least, and because the lady who did it says I was at fault even though it was blatantly her fault, it will inevitably get dragged through the insurance, I'll end up paying hundreds of excess, I'll loose my NCB and have to sell the damn car next year 'cus I want be able to insure it. Although I have been in contact with the highways agency described what happened and they say it was her fault aswell, although no witnesses, so its her word against mine unless I can persuade her to realise it is actually her fault :mad:

Cracked the bumper and pushed it into the car slightly so it sticks out too far on the arch. Dont really know if it can be repaired but I'll have a battle to get a new bumper and air dam and all smoothed in even though it is declared on the insurance :mad::(

Re: "Jess The Diesel Monster"

Mate that sucks, I was peeved to hear about the accident there, and then it made me feel even worse when I remembered you had all that bodykit smoothed in and everything (n)

Reminds me to check my pollen filter too

Ta mate.
The only slightly funny thing I can take from this is that due to me effectively having two bumpers on the rear of my car, the damage to her car was more significant than mine :) although that is a bit of a childish way to look at it. Just so pissed off with it. Why is it everytime I decide to detail it does someone crash into it :mad:

Ta mate.
The only slightly funny thing I can take from this is that due to me effectively having two bumpers on the rear of my car, the damage to her car was more significant than mine :) although that is a bit of a childish way to look at it. Just so pissed off with it. Why is it everytime I decide to detail it does someone crash into it :mad:

Body panels can be fixed, last time I detailed my old car the engine block split in half. :p

Crap luck though, looks like it could have been worse though.

Car is looking great minus the scrape too.

Okay, everyday I see a Seat Leon Cupra FR with the twin exhausts, so I had a play in photoshop but I aren't sure on the positioning, I wanted them far out to the sides but the standard exhaust is quite far inwards towards the middle of the car. Here's what my limited "skills" and (now unuseable) Photoshop can do.

Thoughts?

Standard exhaust and position

FR BTCC Exhaust and a wider position

Back