Front_View1.jpg

Grande Punto "Jess The Diesel Machine".

Introduction

Well it was late december 09 and I found a beaut on auto trader. two 110mile roundtrips later and I brought her home.
56 plate 1.9 Mjet Sporting
38,000 miles on the clock FSH
Climate Control,
SkyDome,
Cruise Control,

Within the first week I peeled the "lovely":rolleyes: 'Woodleigh of Chestefields' Sticker off and she stayed like this for about 4 months.
Side_View1.jpg

Side_View_21.jpg

Rear_View1.jpg

couple of clean reflection shots
Front_View_2.jpg

Front_View1.jpg

Rear_View_3.jpg

Rear_View_2.jpg

I also managed to do a wee bit of damage to one of my alloys on a mahoosive pot hole
Alloy22.jpg

Alloy12.jpg

:rolleyes: Not impressed!

I then decided to get some new plates
New_Plates2.jpg

the front one is a self adhesive vinyl. Ordered from Crags plate, an Irish website.

Couple more reflection shots :rolleyes:
Reflection2.jpg

Reflection11.jpg

A wee bit bumpy, needs machine polishing I think

Also Ordered a Shark Fin, after a little modding to boost reception it was on, aslo tinted the windows my self, dark smoke, 20% light transmission. i'll get it done professionally next year but for £6 I gave it a shot and it came out pretty well... eventually:rolleyes:
shark_fin1.jpg

Next up was these two little puppies
Front_Airdam.jpg

Rear_Airdam3.jpg

Thanks very much to Cooks who supplied them quickly and at a very good price (y)

and after a week in the body shop they came out like this :D
airdam_fitted2.jpg

airdam_fitted11.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

Photo01311.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0129.jpg

airdam_fitted3.jpg

airdam_fitted4.jpg

Photo01271.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Photo01351.jpg

Thanks very much to SIS body repair in Stone, Stafford for a cracking job :D

need save some money for now but in the pipe line so far is as follows:-
  • new indicator bulbs :rolleyes:
  • european reverse light with a red bulb in so the back end is symetrical-ish
  • vinyl bit behind sky dome (will be done this week)
  • either refurb alloys in anthracite or get some abarths
abarth_alloys.jpg

• angel eyes, daylines without the led's or some "home made" gp s1 headlights taken apart sprayed black and a bi-xenon projector incorporated:rolleyes:
  • Remap next year!
  • Induction possibly GSR
  • Get the dash looking something similar to this
Dash5.jpg

and who knows what else :)
comments welcome :)
Yeah this guy wasn't ghey, infact he would of probably put my window through, but I apologised frivverously. Then the police casually strolled out :/ Then I thought, what the hell have I got to apologise for!? he cut me up and then went ballistic!
But oh well, ey. **** happens plus its been one of those weeks. :/

Yeah this guy wasn't ghey, infact he would of probably put my window through, but I apologised frivverously. Then the police casually strolled out :/ Then I thought, what the hell have I got to apologise for!? he cut me up and then went ballistic!
But oh well, ey. **** happens plus its been one of those weeks. :/

hahaha! sounds like a fcuk wit to me lol. yer i know what you mean, i have those weeks a lot :/

indeed, but having said that I nearly hit a cop car in the "police only car park" and he was like "and now you're going hit this car" ... so he couldn't of been all that bad.

Im just going forget and move on tomorrow. although it was unnerving being followed around the city for half an hour

indeed, but having said that I nearly hit a cop car in the "police only car park" and he was like "and now you're going hit this car" ... so he couldn't of been all that bad.

Im just going forget and move on tomorrow. although it was unnerving being followed around the city for half an hour

sounds like you had a pretty eventful night then lol :p yer good plan. ha i bet, shoulda just drove round in circles to wind him up.

I wasn't the one with rage, I was slightly scared but I kept to the speed limits. and at one roundabout I pulled out and he couldn't. about quarter mile later he was up my arse... having thought about it tho. If you thought someone had hit you and drove off, what would your response be. so I can't blame him all that much.... well except for not driving properly in the first place.

yeah i want some abarths but can't afford :(

Well then, I've had my machine polisher since November and I finally get to use it tomorrow. So as of 9am I've got bilt hambler clay, dodo juice lime prime, and dodo juice purple haze pro to use. It better look good in the end... or I'll be rather upset haha.
Wish me luck

Did a bit more today... Its fair to say the paint is ****ed! Got rid of most the swirl marks but there are some random deep scratches going on that will not come out! started to annoy me :/ it is nice and shiny but just cant get some of the scratches out, and the paint is still bumpyish. loks asif the whole car hasn't been sprayed very well :/ although it is its' original paint

Did a bit more today... Its fair to say the paint is ****ed! Got rid of most the swirl marks but there are some random deep scratches going on that will not come out! started to annoy me :/ it is nice and shiny but just cant get some of the scratches out, and the paint is still bumpyish. loks asif the whole car hasn't been sprayed very well :/ although it is its' original paint

get it resprayed in then, best colour ;)

Just got back from servicing the car :O
The air filter was absolutely crammed with crap. Completely black, and pieces of plastic and leaves and all sorts stuck up the sides. It's fair to say that it wasn't done by Woodleigh when I bought the car... But they did manage to tighten the sump plug soooooo friggin tight that I nearly rounded it...:mad:
So I got daddy to wack a half inch driver over the top of it and he got it off using quite a lot of leverage:eek:
Will probably need a new plug at the next oil change though.

I also cleaned the EGR valve out properly this time too, didn't drill the solenoid out though as it seemed to move and return pretty smoothly. The car now doesn't judder on slight throttle at 1800-2000 RPM like it used to, but it still hasn't got brilliant pick up under the magic 2000 :bang: unless your in first or second. Oh well!

I still need to do the pollen filter and the rear wheel bearing as it got too dark today, and then I'm doing the cam belt and water pump next wednesday.:)

Feels pretty smooth now, except the wheel bearing droan and the tractor like diesel-ness in general.

Oh yeah, how annoying is the under tray! (n) its nearly cracked all the way across the back parts of it, and instead of using all the same torque screws, there is 8 screws and 1 screw with a nut head on it.

Just need do the cam belt and water pump, I was supposed to do it today but the bloody garage let me down. So I may be doing it Sunday (my birthday) :/ if I can convince my dad to teach me how to do it, and help me, at the uni workshop. And it turns out the wheel bearing I replaced wasn't the main source of noise. I think I've killed the front bearing in my accident as well as the rear. So need to investigate that before moving onto sound deadening and ICE. All whilst moving house yet again next week.

Back