Styling JayD's Stilo Project

Currently reading:
Styling JayD's Stilo Project

only thing I would have done different would have been to have only gone to the crease on the bonnet with the black, not sure why but I think a stilo would really suit that.

Ive seen a few done that way and it does look pretty good tbh but i would say everyones taste is different

Attachments

• 1434465972217.jpg
    1434465972217.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 39
And just a black roof

Attachments

• 1434466179793.jpg
    1434466179793.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 33
The crease idea is nice and does look nice but I think a custom body kit would make that stand out much better and as I'm not going for body kits or anything think black bonnet it is,

Also the weather is nice... You know what that means!

I got it from google to give an example on how the blacks would go with the white but i no what you meant

The black and white looks so nice tbh, I've just finished coating again didn't take photos as its too dark phone won't get it, so I'll get photo in morning instead before I go to work just one out window quickly!

Yellow Stilos are so nice there's s member on here who's done one up he's spent loads and it looks like a dream! Follow the curves on the bonnet with black paint on a yellow one looks stunning I can't remember the guys name who's done it but his car is like a wet dream!

Found his thread link here:
https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=233705
This guys car is amazing!

Last edited:
your right, every one has their own taste and honestly I do like the look your going for.

seeing that pic og the black to the crease has actually put me off it, it looks far too Audi/Vag lol the route you going down is going to make for a really cool car, cant wait to see it finished.

It will look better when it's done!

Unfortunately no photos today as its been raining all day :(

Been working on the inside though (painted white) needs coats dark so can't take pictures and car LEDs are pink so shows up sh*tly :/

But here's a memorial to my Stilo
From This
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434577001.758584.jpg
To this
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434577162.200279.jpg

You can see the difference...
It's taking shape....

More coats today!!!!
Here the photos!!!
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434660579.457728.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434660609.400322.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434660638.477390.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434660663.059414.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434660687.184504.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434660714.203754.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434660733.706668.jpg
I think my car is beautiful! From what it was it's definitely become s*xy, it's like that girl at school who's ugly and get bullied but grow up to be super models!

Now people I need your votes!!!!
Black roof or not?? I'm starting to think it's too plain white it might have to be black after all!!

Now vote!

*******ALSO********
If someone wants to give me vinyl ideas such as (eg... blend the bumper into the bonnet by following the bumper curves) I might consider it the more people go with the same idea more likely I'll do it, if someone wants to photoshop a style or anything feel free....

****Copy Right***
If you would like to shear my work/image please feel free but please do leave a link to either this thread or my Facebook (www.Facebook.com/JayDKirk) I don't mind people using my images or photos asking as I get some kind of credit for it

****Project****
The car is done! I used everything I have expect 4 tins of white paint and 2 black gloss spray paint (witch will be used for more coats & trimming/wheels)
I am going to give the beast more coats even though there not needed I'm just doing this to give it more of a finish even though 3 coats have completed it, 3 coats have covered the original colour! But I'm giving it more out of personal preference.

If anyone would like the links to what I've used don't feel shy to ask!

Always happy to help!!

Last edited:
Black roof imo. Only thing did you use plastic primer first on all plastics to get the paint stick

Black roof imo. Only thing did you use plastic primer first on all plastics to get the paint stick

The plastic being the trimming and grills then the answer is no pal, But the reason behind this is because they are not stopping white they are going black gloss I just painted over them because I just cba to mask them off lol, but plan is to sand them gently and then mask off and spray away :) (also not 100% sure but I think the spray paint already has primer kinda thing in it, I think)

The pound land paint wont mate a tin of plastic primer costs about £4 its worth investing in a tin otherwise the work you do will be in vain which would be such a shame after the time you put in as ive found out in the past after spraying bumpers for my cars I would prob do both your bumpers with it if they start to crack or flake

Think I want to paint my car white now. it actually looks wicked!!

Thank you Marino! :) what do you think about the roof? Black of leave it white?

The pound land paint wont mate a tin of plastic primer costs about £4 its worth investing in a tin otherwise the work you do will be in vain which would be such a shame after the time you put in as ive found out in the past after spraying bumpers for my cars I would prob do both your bumpers with it if they start to crack or flake

Hmmm, I'll have to have a look into it and I'll look at the tins at some point because I know the tins are multipurpose (eg metal,plastic,wood) so that should stick surly? But like you say the spray paint will stick but will crack ect from being sprayed I can understand where your coming from as the pound land spray paint is made for metal and That's plastic so I will more then likely get the plastic primer as if the pound land tin paint could do it there is nothing to say the black gloss tin is the exact same as the black gloss spray paint and I want the bonnet, spoiler and maybe the roof to all be the exact same gloss black so I will look into this thanks for the heads up :)

(I know there's a slight difference between the tin gloss white witch I used and the White gloss spray only a slight difference but it is noticeable)

*********UPDATE**********
Thought I'd make a Twitter for this project just to upload quick photos

Latest updates and news will be on both my FF and Twitter but my Twitter will have more photos then FF but! FF will have photos and loads of information!
projectJayD

Last edited:
Back