Technical I've only had the GPS one week

Currently reading:
Technical I've only had the GPS one week

Sorted GP

and already I've broken it. :p

Engine management light came on with a 'bong' and the message 'check engine' (which was helpful, not) :rolleyes: on the display. I stopped soon after & checked the under bonnet essential fluids, which were fine, so we limped home. I called on the RAC and after connecting his Toughbook to the OBD connector, the RAC man diagnosed the fault to the cooling system. One of the two electric cooling fans isn't working. It'll be going to the local'ish Fiat dealer for further diagnosis tomorrow, as a warranty job.

Thankfully. (y)

Sorted GP.

Last edited:
Took the car in to the workshop today. Primary fan is faulty, the secondary air-con fan is fine. It's to go back Thursday to be sorted. Must be a wiring fault at that 18 months of age and only 3000miles? I tried for a hire car but no joy. Arnold Clark is mean auld bugger. :p

Is it Thursday yet!?

Sorted GP

Well Im glad it will get sorted! Only a few days to wait.. Why no hire car? Cause of your age?

Well Im glad it will get sorted! Only a few days to wait.. Why no hire car? Cause of your age?

Authorisation was denied by AC Springburn. I'd only had the car a week. You'd have thought, maybe, but no. Anyway.

The dealer told me to keep the air-con on, as that fan would run constantly and keep the engine cool. Not that it's been hot here anyway. But today, the car ran with no fault, until I switched the air-con on and then it lost the plot. :rolleyes: Bong! Check Engine. I know I know. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the workshop'll fix it tomorrow and I can live happily ever after. :slayer:

Wish me luck and I wonder what the loaner car will be :idea:?

Well it was back to the workshop today and everything went very smoothly. I picked up the loaner Panda around 9am; and by 4pm I was back collecting the sorted GPS. :)

The issue was a faulty relay, which was replaced under warranty. The car's now running sweet once more. I couldn't fault the dealer's customer service. They were very helpful and even washed the car prior to collection, which was nice. And it didn't cost me a single penny, which was nicer. :)

Sorted GP

Back