General Is it possible to turn off all front passenger side airbag warnings?

Currently reading:
General Is it possible to turn off all front passenger side airbag warnings?

Cadmier

Hi,

I have a Mobility Enabled 2014 Qubo, The conversion has lowered the rear floor and removed the the rear seats. We would like to remove the front passenger seat to improve comfort and usability for anyone using the rear of the vehicle .

For reference, all the safety equipment such as seatbeats, winches and safety harnesses are attached to the rear of the vehicle well away from the front passenger seat.

We have done a test removal of the seat, but it seems there is an airbag built into the side of the seat and when we remove the seat the Airbag Failure warning appears on the LCD. is there any way to disable this warning and let the car know it no-longer has a front passenger seat? The cars UK MOT is due next month.

Thanks for any help

~~~Cadmier

Hi

Some 90's FIATS were prone to poor airbag circuits..
There were simpler devices you could plug in.. to make the circuit..and keep the warnings at bay

Obviously exercise great aution with any airbag work.. powering down the car is a MUST

PPE is strongly advised..in case an airbag does trigger

Hi

Some 90's FIATS were prone to poor airbag circuits..
There were simpler devices you could plug in.. to make the circuit..and keep the warnings at bay

Obviously exercise great caution with any airbag work.. powering down the car is a MUST

PPE is strongly advised..in case an airbag does trigger

Thank you, for that info i'll have a search and the warning about caution and PPE is well made and I'll do that, thank you.

Do you know if these devices were ever commercially made if so do you know what it might be called? or know anywhere i can get a circuit diagram? Failing those options is there anywhere I can find a technical description/pinout of how the car detects a failed airbag as i'm hoping it just requires some sort of resistive load. .

Alternatively does anyone know if there is ODB/CAN "command" to turn off the error reporting for the passenger side SRS tests?

Thanks again, that has helped me find what I was looking for, I'm going to register the removal of the seat with the DVLA and see if this tool will allow the SRS to work for the drivers side and get me through the MOT.

I've had a look at the CAN setup section in MultiECUscan, but can't see any option to delete passenger airbags. Significantly smaller list of options than on the Panda.
A Fiat dealer may be able to do this, but finding one who knows how, and is willing, at a reasonable price, might be a challenge.

There are some WAV Qubos and Doblos set up for wheelchair in the front, so the WAV manufacturer must know a way around this. You could ask them.

Back