Is it possible to bolt a Turbo on.....

Currently reading:
Is it possible to bolt a Turbo on.....

Oirish Kev

to the 100HP lump in my Panda? Is it the same engine as the Abarth minus the blower?

I think my Panda is going to need some work done on it, and it got me thinking about modifying it entirely. Is it possible to put a blower on? Also if not are there forged internals available for it? I wouldnt mind some extra power.
Also what about a Diff?

Sorry for so many questions.

It can be done... anything can be done, it's just the cost really, how deep are your pockets? There is so much involved, niether Turbo's or Superchargers are plug & play you have to do so much, then after all the hard work you find it almost impossible to insure, even after you uprate the brakes... Just buy a turbo version, easier to insure & loads cheaper to buy!

it's already been done, look up shakey hand man, he built one with forged internals etc. i think he's on here, if not he's on puntomk2

It can be done... anything can be done, it's just the cost really, how deep are your pockets? There is so much involved, niether Turbo's or Superchargers are plug & play you have to do so much, then after all the hard work you find it almost impossible to insure, even after you uprate the brakes... Just buy a turbo version, easier to insure & loads cheaper to buy!
Where was there a Turbo version of the 100hp available?

Yet he struggled to get the power down in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and also no grip in those gears.

Yeah, pretty driveable then :)

no, not really.

thats just on a full-on launch, trying to get a 0-60 time, not how u drive round town or even when u drive hard.

i can make my wheels spin if i want, but my car is far from undriveable.

Back