Cold air feed to standard airbox

Currently reading:
Cold air feed to standard airbox

JDS82

Since there are no decent cold air intakes on the market for this model punto 3, 1.2 , and it's a bit of a struggle to make one for yourself ( position throttle body is a pain in the *ss) I made my own cold airbox from the oem airbox. It has a K&n drop in filter. The cold air hose that you see is a 76mm and takes cold air from the frontgrill. The hose is connected to a aluminum 76mm coupler ( it's inside) and the alu coupler is connected to a 76mm silicone c
20230311_144237.jpg
onnector wich is on the standard airbox. You can order these hoses on eBay, etc. After riding and testing, the hose feels cold when the engine is hot so it works. It gives better gas repons also. I did not Dino test it because it's expensive 😄
20230311_144232.jpg
. I just want to share my project for everyone who is interested ;)

Since there are no decent cold air intakes on the market for this model punto 3, 1.2 , and it's a bit of a struggle to make one for yourself ( position throttle body is a pain in the *ss) I made my own cold airbox from the oem airbox. It has a K&n drop in filter. The cold air hose that you see is a 76mm and takes cold air from the frontgrill. The hose is connected to a aluminum 76mm coupler ( it's inside) and the alu coupler is connected to a 76mm silicone cView attachment 419993onnector wich is on the standard airbox. You can order these hoses on eBay, etc. After riding and testing, the hose feels cold when the engine is hot so it works. It gives better gas repons also. I did not Dino test it because it's expensive 😄View attachment 419992. I just want to share my project for everyone who is interested ;)
In theory modern ECU controlled vehicles should be able to manage varying inlet air temp, but I would agree with the fact that cars seem to perform better on a cold morning when the air is more dense/oxygen rich.
The only proviso I can see is making sure inlet is not too low, some years ago a son in law of mine worked at the Renault dealers and they had several almost new Clios with hydraulic lock destroyed engines after inhaling water from deeper puddles than they imagined. Hence most modern cars have the cold air intake just below the bonnet line roughly.:)

In theory modern ECU controlled vehicles should be able to manage varying inlet air temp, but I would agree with the fact that cars seem to perform better on a cold morning when the air is more dense/oxygen rich.
The only proviso I can see is making sure inlet is not too low, some years ago a son in law of mine worked at the Renault dealers and they had several almost new Clios with hydraulic lock destroyed engines after inhaling water from deeper puddles than they imagined. Hence most modern cars have the cold air intake just below the bonnet line roughly.:)
Yes i took note from this, so it's not taking air from bottom but the grill above ;) so the puddle wil have to be almost at car height deep before it wil suck up water 😄 it performs a little better than the stock snorkus. Also better sound with this mod and k&n drop in

Since there are no decent cold air intakes on the market for this model punto 3, 1.2 , and it's a bit of a struggle to make one for yourself ( position throttle body is a pain in the *ss) I made my own cold airbox from the oem airbox. It has a K&n drop in filter. The cold air hose that you see is a 76mm and takes cold air from the frontgrill. The hose is connected to a aluminum 76mm coupler ( it's inside) and the alu coupler is connected to a 76mm silicone cView attachment 419993onnector wich is on the standard airbox. You can order these hoses on eBay, etc. After riding and testing, the hose feels cold when the engine is hot so it works. It gives better gas repons also. I did not Dino test it because it's expensive 😄View attachment 419992. I just want to share my project for everyone who is interested ;)
Thats decent bro. this is what i did -
(The sticker adds 50 bhp 🤣)

Attachments

• IMG20240313121018.jpg
    IMG20240313121018.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG20240313121024.jpg
    IMG20240313121024.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG20240313121032.jpg
    IMG20240313121032.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10