Sedici cold air intake

Currently reading:
Sedici cold air intake

jimmy24

Recently purchased a 06 Sedici, 1.9 multijet 8v 4x4.

Looking to stick a cold air feed on it as the stock air box looks absolutely dog **** and the air intake at the bottle of it, well, I'm surprised it draws air in.

Can I just get a short piece of tube and something like a k&n come filter and stick it on the end of the MAF section?

Failing this is a k&n filter going to actually give me more air flow in the standard filter box housing?

I know it won't do much but I'm interested in what it will do.

Thanks

Last edited:
Recently purchased a 06 Sedici, 1.9 multijet 8v 4x4.

Looking to stick a cold air feed on it as the stock air box looks absolutely dog **** and the air intake at the bottle of it, well, I'm surprised it draws air in.

Can I just get a short piece of tube and something like a k&n come filter and stick it on the end of the MAF section?

Failing this is a k&n filter going to actually give me more air flow in the standard filter box housing?

I know it won't do much but I'm interested in what it will do.

Thanks

Don’t do it, you will actually lose power low down, just where you want it. The only thing you will notice is the different intake sound, which will give you the idea of speed. Save your money and make good the standard set up.

Don't do it. Waste of time and money , even more so on a diesel with a turbo.

Last edited:
Don’t do it, you will actually lose power low down, just where you want it. The only thing you will notice is the different intake sound, which will give you the idea of speed. Save your money and make good the standard set up.

So it would be more wise to put the money into just a better filter, like a K&N drop in filter and leave the standard box?

What about tunes out there for this engine. The turbo kicks in between 2k - 3k in first then about 2.8k - 3k for 2,3,4 but they 5 and 6 I have no acceleration. Hills are ruin long journeys. I have to drop to fourth to maintain a speed.

I guess the question is an off the shelf tune or an actual remap by a person? Or again waste of time

So it would be more wise to put the money into just a better filter, like a K&N drop in filter and leave the standard box?

What about tunes out there for this engine. The turbo kicks in between 2k - 3k in first then about 2.8k - 3k for 2,3,4 but they 5 and 6 I have no acceleration. Hills are ruin long journeys. I have to drop to fourth to maintain a speed.

I guess the question is an off the shelf tune or an actual remap by a person? Or again waste of time

I take it you mean tune ability :D A remap would be a start, but if you’re after more ponies it becomes expensive, larger intercooler, bigger turbo etc. There are no bolt on modifications that will give anything like cheap power, it’s going to cost.

I take it you mean tune ability :D A remap would be a start, but if you’re after more ponies it becomes expensive, larger intercooler, bigger turbo etc. There are no bolt on modifications that will give anything like cheap power, it’s going to cost.

I don't necessarily want more power, I've seen a OBD2 box of some sort that maps the ECU to 180hp but it's just quicker acceleration it's not top end speed.

I'd be looking at a remap from economic side of things, have the power kick in a little later to make city/short drives a little slower. I'm not versed in this and it's the first time I've really thought about modding a car. I haven't got the time or money to be swapping turbos and intercoolers although I thought about getting a bigger turbo but wouldn't know where to start

I don't necessarily want more power, I've seen a OBD2 box of some sort that maps the ECU to 180hp but it's just quicker acceleration it's not top end speed.

I'd be looking at a remap from economic side of things, have the power kick in a little later to make city/short drives a little slower. I'm not versed in this and it's the first time I've really thought about modding a car. I haven't got the time or money to be swapping turbos and intercoolers although I thought about getting a bigger turbo but wouldn't know where to start
You have a diesel engine that produces peak torque at quite low engine revs.

The torque value stays quite stable until high(for a diesel) revs then it drops rapidly.

The turbo on your engine is capable of providing all the air it needs unless remap badly.

You would be far better firstly making sure your engine is running correctly/ boosting correctly (egr valve not stuck partly open) no boost leaks.

When you know your engine is sound and running right then consider a remap if you want.

A clean air filter is probably a good idea along with oil, oil filter , fuel filter.

How many miles has your car covered?

Do you live in a mountainous region?

Last edited:
You have a diesel engine that produces peak torque at quite low engine revs.

The torque value stays quite stable until high(for a diesel) revs then it drops rapidly.

The turbo on your engine is capable of providing all the air it needs unless remap badly.

You would be far better firstly making sure your engine is running correctly/ boosting correctly (egr valve not stuck partly open) no boost leaks.

When you know your engine is sound and running right then consider a remap if you want.

A clean air filter is probably a good idea along with oil, oil filter , fuel filter.

How many miles has your car covered?

Do you live in a mountainous region?

I understand, hence why at cruising speed (70) there is no torque anyone. Just gentle acceleration. Ok that's fine then.

I've just changed oil and filter, I have glow plugs to do and new air filter on its way(gone with a k&n drop in, specifically for the car)

132000 miles roughly it's had regular service stamps right up to 2018.

I live in Scotland and drive regularly to England(when not required to stay at home) and one my way back once I had to drop down to fourth to get us up the hill (big hill and on a motorway) held it at about 3k revs and lost all power/turbo for the rest of the drive. Turns out the code that set EML was for turbo pressure. It's been absolutely fine since then and I didn't do anything to fix it. So maybe there is some slight issues with boost pressure/leaks and or egr.

Maybe I just need to buy a bigger engined car :D

Back