Is boost related to MAP?

Currently reading:
Is boost related to MAP?

AusPanda

In my attempts to clarify if my Magneti Marell ME111T tuning box is not providing the hp increase it should, I have connected my ScangaugeII to the car.

Basically the ScangaugeII is a trip computer and a sensor readout. It connects to the OBDII port and gives the various sensor values that the vehicle's sensors provide to the ECU.

When I select MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) on the Scangauge, I seem to get about the same readings with the ME111T set to its highest setting or off setting (and also with the tuning box disconnected altogether and the car running as standard).

The readout (in psi, I think) is about 12.6 at idle and under load at Wide Open Throttle in the range of 32.6-33.3. Makes no difference if the tuning box is plugged in or not.

Would an increased boost pressure (which is what I presume the ME111T does, at the least) result in an increased MAP figure?

When I select MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) on the Scangauge, I seem to get about the same readings with the ME111T set to its highest setting or off setting (and also with the tuning box disconnected altogether and the car running as standard).
What you measured is normal. In fact it's the way tuning boxes work. The ME111T manipulates the values of two pressure sensors. One of these is the MAP sensor. So the value you measured with ScanGauge is the manipulated value, which the ECU tries to get on the same desired level as without ME111T. The real pressure must be higher though, at least if the ME111T does what it's supposed to do.

Back