General Is aircon a standard fitment on the petrol 4x4?

Currently reading:
General Is aircon a standard fitment on the petrol 4x4?

I was sure that in a petrol 1.2 4x4 aircon was a standard fitment and the option was to upgrade to climate control. But I have been in discussion with someone who reckons his 07 plate has neither? Have I been wrong all this time?

I was sure that in a petrol 1.2 4x4 aircon was a standard fitment and the option was to upgrade to climate control. But I have been in discussion with someone who reckons his 07 plate has neither? Have I been wrong all this time?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought digital climate control was available on Eleganza and 100HP models and manual air conditioning was an option on others?

Have have indeed been wrong. AC was only an option, as was Climate, which was about £700 iirc.

Aircon was only an optional extra... You could get it on its own or as part of a pack...

IIRC it was in 2011 when they offered the "Mylife" range. That`s why & when I bought mine, anyway.

It was definitely before that - my 2010 dynamic has A/C fitted as standard. I'm wondering if it coincided with the introduction of the £30 road tax eco models?

IIRC the mylife came along at the same time the 69hp Euro5 engine was introduced.

Last edited:
It was definitely before that - my 2010 dynamic has A/C fitted as standard. I'm wondering if it coincided with the introduction of the £30 road tax eco models?

Not sure if yours coincides with this, but I believe it was when the 3 specs were changed and the Eleganza (god rest its sole) was dropped.

Not sure if yours coincides with this, but I believe it was when the 3 specs were changed and the Eleganza (god rest its sole) was dropped.

That makes sense. Keeping track of the changes made to the Panda range in the last years of the Mk3 can be a bit of a challenge.

The last of the Euro 4 dynamics was the perfect spec for me - useful things like A/C & remote locking, without the added expense of fancy wheels & unnecessarily wide tyres.

Back