Technical Ipod / Connect Nav+ connection

Currently reading:
Technical Ipod / Connect Nav+ connection

Hi all

My dension now working with my iPhone!

Thing is Im geting rid of the car :(

Anyone interested in the full Dension kit?

LMK

Steev

Just to point out this is for the connect nav+ head unit (look at some of the pigs in my previous replies :))

Last edited:
Hi all

My dension now working with my iPhone!

Thing is Im geting rid of the car :(

Anyone interested in the full Dension kit?

LMK

Steev

I would be apart from the fact that I've just installed one in my Abarth :p I have to say though, I love it and whether you have a Blaupunkt or a Grundig or the Magnetti Marelli CN+, it's the best addition you can make! (y)

For all Stilo Owners with Visteon System Check Also This Solution...
www.xcarlink.it/fiat_alfa_lancia.html
A member in our forum bought one of this and it works perfect...
It supports USB, SD Cards and also have an AUX.
You can control it from the Visteon Unit or from steering Wheels Buttons.
Probably works for the Connect Nav+ too ( I cant see the reason why not to work) but it has not been test it yet.
Check The Video...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhvhTkJKwuE

Hello everybody!

I'm the member that :worship:IONIO-ZANTE:worship: mentioned! I've bought a X-Car link adapter wich fits on Stilo Visteon HU's. It goes straight to the (blue if memory serves) CDC plug of Visteon. No aux power needed, no special fitting requests. I've passed the cable from the upper glove-department (fridge) arm through the back of the HU.

If run the HU check (press both 3 & 6, option 3) you'll get the diagnosis: CDC CONNECTED.

Supports SD memory card up to 2GB, USB stick and Line in. :slayer:
Create 10 folders (CD01, CD02... CD10) and through up to 99 files of mp3 and wma. Controlled from HU and steering wheel...
Doesn't support ID3 tags, Fast forward and rewind (everething have a price)

Got it from ebay. Link here.

the blue iso connector is you cd-charger and cann be used for a dension gateway 100
interface between ipod and radio with steering control

Hi,

Been on the bortesi.it website and have contacted them about the dension icelink for the Stilo with the connect NAV+ but they said they do not sell it....:confused::confused::bang:

Does anyone who has bought one from them .... (that works :D) please PM me the link. I am not that good with the italian language, i can barely speak the queens english so having trouble at the mo!

also, any fitting advice would be great.

thanks, this is the best thread on here!

mk85

Hi,

Been on the bortesi.it website and have contacted them about the dension icelink for the Stilo with the connect NAV+ but they said they do not sell it....:confused::confused::bang:

Does anyone who has bought one from them .... (that works :D) please PM me the link. I am not that good with the italian language, i can barely speak the queens english so having trouble at the mo!

also, any fitting advice would be great.

thanks, this is the best thread on here!

mk85

Dogspod did a guide on this a while back. I got my Dension from www.IpodCarKirDirect.co.uk stating that the headunit was a Bluapunkt. Works okay (really well actually) with my ConnectNav+... once you get used to it. Remember, it only replicates the commands the CDC would normally get from the headunit, so the display does not reflect what the Ipod is actually doing. (y)

Dogspod did a guide on this a while back. I got my Dension from www.IpodCarKirDirect.co.uk stating that the headunit was a Bluapunkt. Works okay (really well actually) with my ConnectNav+... once you get used to it. Remember, it only replicates the commands the CDC would normally get from the headunit, so the display does not reflect what the Ipod is actually doing. (y)

Cheers Greggers (y)

MK85, why on earth are you looking at an Italian website to buy a Dension iPod kit??? Got everything I needed form the link Greggers gave, installation easy-peasey-lemon-squeezey (Guide here: ipod-stilo-connect-solution.html photo's etc towards the last pages).

Cheers Greggers (y)

MK85, why on earth are you looking at an Italian website to buy a Dension iPod kit??? Got everything I needed form the link Greggers gave, installation easy-peasey-lemon-squeezey (Guide here: ipod-stilo-connect-solution.html photo's etc towards the last pages).

No worries, matey. Your guide was what convinced me to get the Dension (y)

I love it although for some reason, I have to reset the CN+ (4x setup's) after I start the engine to get the CN+ to recognise it. Works fine as soon as I turn the ignition on but after starting the engine, the Dension disappears from the CDC... weird. :confused: Not a big deal though (y)

Did you have to do a firmware upgrade on yours? I can't seem to track one down on the Dension website so if you know where I can find it (if needed) , let me know (y)

Cheers dude!

No worries, matey. Your guide was what convinced me to get the Dension (y)

I love it although for some reason, I have to reset the CN+ (4x setup's) after I start the engine to get the CN+ to recognise it. Works fine as soon as I turn the ignition on but after starting the engine, the Dension disappears from the CDC... weird. :confused: Not a big deal though (y)

Did you have to do a firmware upgrade on yours? I can't seem to track one down on the Dension website so if you know where I can find it (if needed) , let me know (y)

Cheers dude!

Mine does something similar, very very occasionally will not recognise the iPod and only an engine restart will sort it. The other niggly thing it does is occasionally try to play track 99 from a play list instead of the last known position and I'll have to disconnect and reconnect the iPod to cure it.

I think the last fault may have something to do with Apple including Smart Playlist on a recent iPod software upgrade - if you have 5 standard playlists on the iPod plus the Smart list the Dension may see them as 6 lists in total and get confused.

I not been able to find any firmware updates either, I can't remember if I update the firmware when I first installed the kit. I did find this tho:

http://support.dension.com/support-center/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&id=129

I like the "Avoid unnecessary updates. If your system works fine as expected, do not update!" line, very confidence inspiring.

Last edited:
heard back from bortesi in italy. I got it from there because one of the links sent me that way!

will wait for it to arrive and see whats what.

will keep you posted, he said they install the correct software etc and test it before sending on their show car stilo as he said that there are inconsistencies with the dension kit but that is expected with a stilo isnt it??!!!.... We will see!

Sounds good! Good luck with it, you'll love being able to use your iPod with the CN+... I know I do! Let us know how you get on with it and whether you need to do any re-booting of the CN+. If you don't then I'd love to get ahold of the firmware that you're using so that I can flash it onto mine! Anyway, good luck!

cheers greggers, will let you know. should be here in 2-3 days time

right, it arrived BUT in italian style, wih the wrong damn dock cable. after a few days of waiting and a further £40 i got it and i ahve to say, it was worth the wait. NO ISSUES AT ALL!! even via the AUX port my nav+ recognised that there was a CDC connected.

Not failed, turned off, paused, all track names displayed... what can i say :slayer:

www.bortesi.it

it is the gateway 100 and is tested on a stilo abarth before sending. i know you can gte them here but they do/send all necessary updates after purchase. the guy is called marco

hi greggers, by all means! talk away! :D What IPOD do you have? I have asked marco (the italian sales man) if it is possible to have him send me the firmware for the stilo via email. still waiting on it. will get a video on here when i figure out how just to see if mine is a fluke :confused: or wether it is possible across the board. Also, what gateway are you using?

Not failed, turned off, paused, all track names displayed... what can i say

Track names displayed where??

hi greggers, by all means! talk away! :D What IPOD do you have? I have asked marco (the italian sales man) if it is possible to have him send me the firmware for the stilo via email. still waiting on it. will get a video on here when i figure out how just to see if mine is a fluke :confused: or wether it is possible across the board. Also, what gateway are you using?

Very interested in this too as when I bought my Dension kit the Stilo with CN was on their incompatible list. Hopefully they've sorted things out since I emailed the features that worked and those that didn't.

Last edited:
Back