Introduction and advice

Currently reading:
Introduction and advice

T

TommyBlade

First of all let me introduce myself. My names Tom and I was given a Fiat Bravo 1.2 as a sort of starting point after I passed my test recently.

IT is great to be here on the forum and will be posting as regular as possible.

So first off, a big hello to all you Fiat enthusiasts.

Now, for my query; Despite Fiats reputation for breaking down on a regular basis, I haven't had any major problems with my car in the last 5 months of owning it. Lately the front downpipe has got a lovely hole in it, which as you know is causing the exhaust to blow. Now along from this being annoying and sounding like a 1960's Mini, I'm also losing some of the little 80bhp I have. I bought a new downpipe, and was waondering if anyone here could give me adivce on fitting it. I'm not anything special with cars so this is a first for me.

Also how complicated is fixing the heat shield too? Mine has begun to rattle, but that's all I can report on this problem since I haven't had a look at it yet.

Thank you in advance

Tommy

Welcome (unofficially) to the forum.

First thing to say is leave your misconceptions at the door. Any faults with your vehicle are purely operator error and all part of learning to be a great italian driver.

Secondly, if no one you know has tools or the balls to sort your down pipe with you then find a good local indy garage and take his fav cup of coffee around for some free advice and pointers. Be nice but don't be a mug. If he says "I'll need you to bring it in" say you'd like a bash yourself first. Remind him that any major work will come his way should he impart a gem or two.

Post a picture or two of your chariot and tell us where you are based so we might point you towards a garage should you need one.