internet problem???

Currently reading:
internet problem???

sportingsmissus said:
And just to prove how dumb i am...

where would i find the ip address etc to put in the boxes to use the option 'use the following address'

:eek: :eek:

*runs to hide in embarrassment*

lol.. well that's a difficult bit... it depends on the router you have... if you have a router.. :/
it's hardware specific often (cept i always change it to 192.168.0.1) you should try just setting it as obtain one automatically.
then shut your pc down, switch off your router, switch the router back on, then after a few seconds fire up your pc again.

start > run > cmd

ipconfig /all

look where it says DHCP server. that will be the same as the gateway address.

However, that is working. Its purely a DNS fault.

Right click on the network icon in the system tray. Status > properties > TCP/IP > Properties.

Copy the gateway ip address (that you got from doing that bit before) into the bottom where it says "Preferred DNS server" You can leave the second one empty.

ok, but in the mean time..

Assuming you use internet explorer. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Connection > LAN Settings

Tick where it says "Use Proxy Server for LAN"

Enter this IP Address 64.116.237.67 and enter 8080 as the port number.

that should sort it out, but its temp..you need to sort the DNS settings really.

answered my own question.

well will leave the other stuff for stilosporting its his network before i mess it up an get into trouble.

thanks though.

should be the same menu options in any version of internet explorer.

don't worry about messing anything up, all you'd be changing are settings for internet explorer - can't do any harm to the network :)

Back