Ducato Internal door lock

Currently reading:
Ducato Internal door lock

Esentepe7

Hello Everybody,
I'm a new to the forum, and forums in general, and not quite sure how things work.
I recently purchased a 2016 Bessimar motorhome on a Ducato chassis. This is our first one, so completely new also in Campervan does and don't.
I have 2 problems both related to door locks.
The internal door lock when activated gives me a red light which I assumed told the door were locked, but when I tried through the window I could open the door.
Quite unsafe when you are asleep inside.

Second problem: the habitation door will not open from outside, the keys turn the barrel but the door will not open. I have to go from inside and unlock it.
Is this normal?

Thank you to anyone who might have an answer
Adriano

I have 2 problems both related to door locks.
The internal door lock when activated gives me a red light which I assumed told the door were locked, but when I tried through the window I could open the door.
Quite unsafe when you are asleep inside.

Second problem: the habitation door will not open from outside, the keys turn the barrel but the door will not open. I have to go from inside and unlock it.
Is this normal?

Thank you to anyone who might have an answer
Adriano
1 assuming this relates to the front doors this is normal on euro specmodels without deadlocks. UK convertors generally have deadlocks specified. This is why people use additional deadlocks or Heosafe locks. To really alarm yourself look up proplates.
2 do you mean the door will not open or will not unlock.
Do you have a remote ?can you lock and unlock front and hab with remote?

Hi theoneandonly,
Thank you for your reply. Undoubtedly on the door next to the windows control there is a button with a lock sign and a red light next to it that comes on when the button is pressed and you can hear the lock energised, but unfortunately it does not lock the doors.
The hab door does not lock or unlock with the remote, there is a separate key that turns the barrel but the door does not open. I have to go in trough the driver door and manually open it, when I close it, it automatically locks. From the inside it doesn't matter what position the lock is it still locks it on closing.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Adriano

With regard to the habitation door it appears to me that something has broken or disconnected within the mechanism. The door trim will have to be removed to ascertain what has happened. I suspect the the habitation door is not designed to be operated by the central locking - separate key only.

"The internal door lock when activated gives me a red light which I assumed told the door were locked, but when I tried through the window I could open the door.
Quite unsafe when you are asleep inside."

Do the doors lock i.e. they cannot be opened from the exterior handle? If so then they are operating correctly. The doors can be opened with the interior handles as it would be unsafe to operate the locking from inside without being able to get out. The doors can be double locked i.e. not opened by the internal handles by pressing the remote key fob lock button twice - Fiat advise only doing so when the vehicle is unoccupied. You may be able to obtain model specific information from members of the Benimar Owners Clubs on facebook such as this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/1677931632528139 .

Hi rayc,
thank you for link but I don't do facebook or any other social media. I'm to old for to learn new tricks.
Cheers

Thank you for the help received.
The hab door link was disconnected. It's working now.
There is on the dashboard a switch that will locks the doors. Blind me I didn't see it!
So all is well that ends well.
Adriano

Back