Doblo Rear Door lock no locking

Currently reading:
Doblo Rear Door lock no locking

AngusKeith

Hi, having just bought a 2009 Doblo 1.3 multijet Cargo van ive discovered the rear door doesn't lock. I would have thought the van would have central locking but it appears not. the keys are a standard fob- no buttons to press and certainly when you go to lock the drivers door there is no noise or pressure indicating central locking present. the same applies to the passenger door. The rear door the key moves both ways more so anticlockwise to the almost horizontal but the door will not lock. any advice please or pointers in the right direction.

I have only mended central locking lock on cargo, however the locks are known to be 'weak' and something is bound to be broken somewhere in the mechanical connections. If the key turns by nearly 90 deg sounds too much and a breakage means nothing to stop it turning. Unscrew internal cover panel and try to work out what should or does move when key turned both ways.

Had a similar problem recently turning the key you would hear the lock click but didnt lock when I removed the panels to remove the door handle assembly i found that the casting of the lock mechanism had broken where it screws onto the door with a phillips screw. I replaced the full handle assy with one from ebay just changing the barrel. 30 mins work and now a secure van

Back