Panda 2012+ Dented Panda Easy drivers door (2014)

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Dented Panda Easy drivers door (2014)

Cai Panda

Hi, An idiot driving in the middle of the road has destroyed my drivers door so I need to replace it. 95% of the parts on the door are fine except the metal of the door itself. It has central locking, mirrors with the twiddly rubber knob and electric windows. The window is still intact. Can I use a POP door or does it have to be an EASY one?

Also the back windscreen washer jet doesn’t work. Don’t anyone know where the join that’s probably come apart is?!!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7612.jpeg
    IMG_7612.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 103
And the A pillar, and the wing, and the rear door.

Insurance, surely, or didn't they stop?

And the A pillar, and the wing, and the rear door.

Insurance, surely, or didn't they stop?
Yeah, insurance was going to write it off unless we had it repaired with a 2nd hand door. Everything else about the car was fine And easily repairable. Wing fine not touched, back door hardly and A pillar repairable as hardly damaged and not moved. It seemed more hassle and mad to deal with write off.

That A post is not a simple ‘flat and repaint’, and their could be some torsional energy left in it that could crack your screen…you could take the insurance payout (don’t take first offer and give them examples of replacement vehicle prices) buy back the vehicle and use for spares or repair and sell it…

Also the back windscreen washer jet doesn’t work. Don’t anyone know where the join that’s probably come apart is?!!

Thanks!
Ouch, commiserations on the damage. For the rear screen washer, my experience is that the joint under the engine separates. Have someone try to apply the washer while you peer underneath - all will become apparent but I suspect this is the least of your problems?!

Ouch, commiserations on the damage. For the rear screen washer, my experience is that the joint under the engine separates. Have someone try to apply the washer while you peer underneath - all will become apparent but I suspect this is the least of your problems?!
Yes! Thank you 😊

That A post is not a simple ‘flat and repaint’, and their could be some torsional energy left in it that could crack your screen…you could take the insurance payout (don’t take first offer and give them examples of replacement vehicle prices) buy back the vehicle and use for spares or repair and sell it…
This happened in February. The repair is being done by an insurance approved body shop who says it’s fine to repair, there was no movement relative to A post and screen edge and it hasn’t cracked so far but I get your point! It still all hinges on getting the correct 2nd hand door either way. I’m happy to risk it all things considered. What you’ve said useful and food for thought though.

This happened in February. The repair is being done by an insurance approved body shop who says it’s fine to repair, there was no movement relative to A post and screen edge and it hasn’t cracked so far but I get your point! It still all hinges on getting the correct 2nd hand door either way. I’m happy to risk it all things considered.
All the doors are interchangeable

Just thought of something which maybe relevant, the 169 panda had a changeover of door inner panels clips and captive screw positions, noticed this wehn I got a newer interior for 1.2 4x4, the door handle/arm rest screw point was different…so best check part numbers for 319

Just thought of something which maybe relevant, the 169 panda had a changeover of door inner panels clips and captive screw positions, noticed this wehn I got a newer interior for 1.2 4x4, the door handle/arm rest screw point was different…so best check part numbers for 319
Ahh ok thanks

Back