Technical Intermittent Wipers

Currently reading:
Technical Intermittent Wipers

mikegml

My panda twin air 2013 manual seems to say I have adjustable wiper timing on intermittent, but I seem to have just one fixed period of approx 5 secs intermittent. Is this correct? Not sure what my model is but it has pretty much everthing else inc' stuff I didn't even know, can't believe I've only 1 fixed wiper inter' speed. (oh yes, it doesn't have an outside temp gauge/sensor either)

My panda twin air 2013 manual seems to say I have adjustable wiper timing on intermittent, but I seem to have just one fixed period of approx 5 secs intermittent. Is this correct? Not sure what my model is but it has pretty much everthing else inc' stuff I didn't even know, can't believe I've only 1 fixed wiper inter' speed. (oh yes, it doesn't have an outside temp gauge/sensor either)
Its not adjustable by you... but it does vary with the speed of the car. On a motorway at 70 it will wipe more frequently than in town at 30

From my car’s handbook…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
Is there any replacement stalks from other Fiats that would fit and give you more options? The fixed intermittent (but varying with speed) is annoying because it usually wipes more than is needed

Is there any replacement stalks from other Fiats that would fit and give you more options? The fixed intermittent (but varying with speed) is annoying because it usually wipes more than is needed
It's controlled by the body computer, and that in turn uses data from the speedo... changing stalks won't make a difference to that. I often turn mine back off the intermittent when its only light rain and use the flick wipe instead.

There was an option (but I don't know if anyone ever had it fitted) of rain-sensing wipers, that would then wipe according to how wet the screen is.

I'd also like to be able to alter the frequency of the rear wipe, which basically wipes once for every two wipes at the front. My Skoda wipes on every fifth, which seems a better ratio.

Last edited:
Back