Technical Intermittent fan, Abarth Punto Evo.

Currently reading:
Technical Intermittent fan, Abarth Punto Evo.

legacywr

Hi, I’m having a problem with the cabin fan on my 2012 Evo. The first sign of anything was when I pressed the screen quick clear button the fan wouldn’t always ramp up to full blast. Now the fan isn’t working the majority of the time?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi, I’m having a problem with the cabin fan on my 2012 Evo. The first sign of anything was when I pressed the screen quick clear button the fan wouldn’t always ramp up to full blast. Now the fan isn’t working the majority of the time?

Any ideas?

Thanks
The earlier models had a resister in the fan motor housing that failed, maybe see on eBay if they list one for yours and try an find it under the dash?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Quick clear button to me suggest climate control which means your car has a computer controlled fan and there is no simple resistor. The good news is the the most likely cause is the model that controls the fan speed. Also called a PWM module. The bad news is the cost. They are normally well over £100-130 if you can find them, sometimes new old stock pops up on ebay.

Back