Insurance age

Currently reading:
Insurance age

my insurance last year was close to 800, i've since turned 21 and its now close to 400! norwich union online did the best quote for me i used confused.com then it links you straight to the logged quote on the insurers website. top stuff :D

that risk calculator is shocking! my gf lives in BN42 (risk A) and her (old) car was broken into 3 times! and a load of chavs hang around her area, whereas my area is clean, never have trouble, and yet it is risk D*

Mine dropped a fair bit when i hit 21 as well. remember getting a quote for a laugh a while ago by the AA for a ClioV6 it was nearly £6k at the time now i can get insured on it for a little over £2k not bad for a group 20 car for someone whos living in central manchester and 22 with 1yrs NCB.

Similar price for older skylines etc as well although moving back home soon so should drop a fair bit more so gimme a year or so i will be hopefully be driving something a bit more out of the ordinary.

uve really got to shop about direct line drop the insurance abit once ure 21 i am waiting to find out this december when im 21 lol

All depends where you are but mine dropped massively cause of my no claims going up and becoming over 21. It literally halfed last years quotes near enough.

Quite a few people i have seen on other forums couldnt get insured for decent prices they hit 21 and they got insured for good prices with 1yrs no claims on clio 182's, mini coopers etc.

my first insurance, on a 1.3 uno sx was 1900, but i sacked that in, went for a metro GTi, which boned me for the 2 months before th head gasket blew up, and went on me mums saxo 1.1i, and that was an extra £35 pm on her insurance. then i got a 1.4rt clio, and it was over 1600 tpft. That came down to 1000 second year, and then my stilo was on full comp right at the end of that year. last year was 700 on the stilo, this year is just shy of 400... 3yrs no claims, 3yrs driving...
it all comes out in the wash

Back