Technical Instrument cluster LCD fault problems

Currently reading:
Technical Instrument cluster LCD fault problems

blootvr

I have a problem with the LCD display within the instrument cluster on my 2012 Fiorino van. It is blank and not lit. I’m currently looking at a few options
1. Buy a second hand cluster and just swap the whole lot. Not sure if this will work as I have heard it may need coding to the vehicle by the main dealer as the mileage etc is stored within the electronics of the display.
2. Same as above but open both units up and just swap the actual LCD display over.
3. Purchase a new LCD display and just replace that part
any advice would be welcome

You can on many fiat cars, buy a new cluster from a car with lower mileage and when with a £50 program called MES (refered to a lot on this forum) correct the mileage on the display upwards to match the mileage on your own car.

The software however does not let you wind the mileage backward, so don't get a part from a higher mileage car.

Never tried taking one a part to change the LCD but I imagine it's not going to be a straightforward job and with any jobs like this you risk breaking two things for every one you're trying to fix.

You can on many fiat cars, buy a new cluster from a car with lower mileage and when with a £50 program called MES (refered to a lot on this forum) correct the mileage on the display upwards to match the mileage on your own car.

The software however does not let you wind the mileage backward, so don't get a part from a higher mileage car.

Never tried taking one a part to change the LCD but I imagine it's not going to be a straightforward job and with any jobs like this you risk breaking two things for every one you're trying to fix.
Thanks for that. I will look into it

Back