Technical installing original fog lights

Currently reading:
Technical installing original fog lights

JMSG

I there !
I managed to buy a front bumper with original fog lights for a nice price , i really just needed the bumper but i notice that my car has the wires for plugin them !!
I wonder if it's just changing the button inside to make them work ?? it's seems the wiring is there !!
Any one did it before ? can any one help with some info ?

Plug and play, all the wiring is in place, can't remember but you may need to insert a fuse in the fuse board, I did try to fit the lamps with the bumper still on the car. But gave up trying as it's so hard to center the lamps in the aperture.

many thanks ! for your reply !
they are instaled and working fine ! i really wanted a shortcut info for saving time with reasearch and diagnose !
so ! i put hands to work and find out there are 2 distinct kinds of fog ligth wiring in the B the original one and an update ! you can find the both wiring diagrams in the maintenance manual .
the major diferences are :

the first wiring the switches are both 2 stages (push up and push down) in update wiring the diped fog light switch maintains but the rear one changes to push impulse buton .

the first wiring works with 2 simple N.O. relays , the update maintains the simple N.O. relay for the diped (front) fog lights but changes the rear fog relay for a impulse relay that gathers the conditions from the ligth selector on steering wheel !

wiring is a bit diferent but similar !

resuming we just need the fog ligths , the buton it self ( P.C.B. is exactly the same you just remove the cap and install the buton , no need to remove console ) a simple N.O. 12v relay to install on existing base and a 20A fuse to install on existing base .

the relays and 20A fuse are located in passenger footwell under glove compartment .

hope this info can help someone in future , at least save them some time and work ;)

Back