General Front Fog Light Switch

Currently reading:
General Front Fog Light Switch

Hello! As the new owner of a 2001 Barchetta, I decided today to check all the lights. Everything is working except the front fog lights: I can't find a switch ;)
The rear mist-lamp works with its own switch next to the ash tray. But no fog light switch. Am I missing something really simple here?

I've never used mine but the owners' manual shows the front fog light switch next to the rear fog light switch.
If you don't have an owners manual then there is one in the download section
The section on fog lights is on page 42 of the PDF
Thanks Chris! There is a blank where the switch should be. And surprising, under that are 2 signal lights and a socket for the switch ( see photos). Just have to find one ;)

Attachments

• IMG-5019.JPG
    IMG-5019.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG-5020.JPG
    IMG-5020.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
You're welcome. Seems odd if you have the lights but not the switch but life is full of mysteries.
Henk at Barchetta Parts does have the combined switch panel in stock:
If you go hunting for one then the part number is 5895335
1643040407417.png

You're welcome. Seems odd if you have the lights but not the switch but life is full of mysteries.
Henk at Barchetta Parts does have the combined switch panel in stock:
If you go hunting for one then the part number is 5895335
View attachment 401128
Thanks again! I'd found the drawing, but not the part numbers. This is a Dutch car, and for our APK (MOT or State Inspection) if the lights do not work properly they must be removed or disabled. I'll see if I can find the switch as a separate component. I have seen them as the complete set.
Now that I have you online: To the left and right of the trunk (boot) latch are 2 rubberized compression switches. Since there is no light in the boot, I wonder that they are. And why 2 of them? I know the car has an alarm system. Could be related that that?

Thanks again! I'd found the drawing, but not the part numbers. This is a Dutch car, and for our APK (MOT or State Inspection) if the lights do not work properly they must be removed or disabled. I'll see if I can find the switch as a separate component. I have seen them as the complete set.
Now that I have you online: To the left and right of the trunk (boot) latch are 2 rubberized compression switches. Since there is no light in the boot, I wonder that they are. And why 2 of them? I know the car has an alarm system. Could be related that that?
My b makes a beeping noise if the boot lid is not shut and you open the roof cover. One switch probably does that and the other might do the alarm.

My b makes a beeping noise if the boot lid is not shut and you open the roof cover. One switch probably does that and the other might do the alarm.
OK. Thanks! That's testable. I've had my b for 2 days ;) Still running system checks.. I see a torn inlet hose, that I just taped-up. Picking up a new one Wednesday. Sticky light switches in the doors. Variator tests as OK. Bit of a valve tick at idle. Bad LR shock that I saw at purchase. Tightened-down the spare-wheel tool set. That made a major difference ;) New plugs and cables is the next step. I've been running MX-5's for the past 20 years, so this is a new adventure. Brilliant little car !

In the days, the front fog lights were an option, assume has bought and mounted the fog lights somewhere in the past, but not the (relatively) expensive original switch.
That's what I think anyway.

I have the newer b with small round fog lights. Definitely looks like a factory install.
In NL the APK (UK MOT) says that installed fog lights must either work, or the switch must be disbled. I suspect that some years ago the blank switch cover (+/- €1) was cheaper than fixing the problem. I have the good switch set from a breaker. The problem just hasn't yet reached the priority list ;)
You're not solo.. far from me. The b will be in Basrle-Nassau for the Summer. Maybe we can plan a little tour ? Belgium has some great roads.

Back