Technical Inlet manifold 1.2

koalar

Distinguished member
t1.jpg

MAP sensor is on the left side when looking from the front of the car

t2.jpg

just one TX25 and I pulls out

t3.jpg

The tip often gets covered in oil. Cleans up fine with a squirt of brake/carb cleaner. But keep the tip pointing down. Its best to keep the cleaner out of the sensor its not sealed. Poor running. that often clears up after High revs are the normal symptoms, sometimes poor starting

t4.jpg

if this is full of oil then cleaning the MAP is pointless until its been soaked up with a rag. If this keeps filling up the head gasket may have gone between cylinder 1 and 2 or the breather pipes are blocked.. If you start the car with the coolant cap and heater matrix bleed screw removed, top up with coolant until it starts to flow out of the bleed screw, If there's a stream of bubbles its very likely the head gasket has gone and a standard compression test will confirm

t5.jpg

The centre of every gasket O ring is higher than the matting surface by design

t6.jpg

Don't spray carb/brake directly in here as per YouTube videos. Its possible to have problems month or years later with the position sensor, Spay cleaner onto a cloth and wipe the surfaces is safest way. This is the flyby wire version so no idle control valve to worry about her.

t7.jpg

Any small leak here is still seen by later downstream MAP sensor. As long as its not large it shouldn't effect the running

t8.jpg

same as above here.

t9.jpg

better view of the MAP sensor, A drop of oil on it is common to cause lack of get up and go and/or poor starting. Very common

t10.jpg

I leak here will cause all sorts of problems. Thankfully rare. I know of two cases, both after the engine had over heated

Thought I'd post as a reference before deleting from my phone. Two mechanics have referred to the MAF sensor this week. None of my 1.1 or 1.2 have one.

Its a very simple, robust system, it can go wrong. Vacuum leaks rarely come into play unless the inlet manifold is physically damaged.

Last edited:
Back