Technical injector ????

Currently reading:
Technical injector ????

beefy

Hi,

I have had a problem for some time after changing lambda,plugs and HT leads I took it to the garage for them to test where they check coil pack and come to the conculsion that it is a injector problem and suggested that I take it to the main dealer as they think the diagnostic port is dead so can`t tell which injector. Would it make sense to try some Wynns Injector Cleaner or would this cause more harm then good before I shell out £72+vat to have main dealer look?

What age and model of car do you have?

If ts OBD1, then a local autospark may have the adaptor rather than go to Fiat.

Its easy enough to check which injector(s) are iffy. Run the engine and remove and replace the injector sockets one at a time to switch off each injector in turn.

If there is no difference in the running of the engine when a socket is removed, its that one or ones.

Cheers

SPD

Hi,

It`s a 2000 on a x plate brava 1.2 80 sx. Is it common for the diagnostic port to be dead or is just they did not have the right equipment to test?

Thanks.

Hi,

port was not dead first garage must not have the right equipment as a bloke from my model flying club said to bring it in for him to look at and he had machine with a number of leads and one fit and ecu was able to be read. He thinks it is a sensor issue most probably the map sensor so I have to return it tomorrow and he will have a proper look.

Thanks for your advice spd.

Didnt the garage have a voltmeter? Each injector should read 14.5ohm ±5% Parts can be bought from motor factors or scrap yard second hand.

Your diagnstic port is OBD2. If its looking like a fuel problem has the fuel filter ever been serviced?

Last edited:
Don`t know if they had volt meter, the bloke who tested it today with I believe a snap on tester run it down the road while connected up and said the lamda was flicking on and off and it seem to be fine one minute and there the next (dieing,slight backfire while under load) so he going to run through the systems before he replaces anything to make sure he gets the right fault.

Don`t know if they had volt meter, the bloke who tested it today with I believe a snap on tester run it down the road while connected up and said the lamda was flicking on and off and it seem to be fine one minute and there the next (dieing,slight backfire while under load) so he going to run through the systems before he replaces anything to make sure he gets the right fault.

Lucky you. You've managed to find a really good technician who is doing the job right.

Cheers

SPD

Lucky you. You've managed to find a really good technician who is doing the job right.

Cheers

SPD

Yeah he seems to know his stuff. He builds his own race cars with 1100/1200cc bike engines.

Back