Technical Injector pump dismantling procedure

Currently reading:
Technical Injector pump dismantling procedure

motorquip

I have a R reg fiorino 17TD, the fuel pump leaks between the main body and the rotor housing. I have bought a seal kit and removed the pump but cannot work out how to split the rotor housing from the main body, all advice gratefully received! IMG_0512.JPG

I have a R reg fiorino 17TD, the fuel pump leaks between the main body and the rotor housing. I have bought a seal kit and removed the pump but cannot work out how to split the rotor housing from the main body, all advice gratefully received!View attachment 187109

Do you know what brand of pump??

ePER parts fische may give some useful info too.

It only started leaking after I serviced it and filled the fuel filter with injector cleaner like have done hundreds of times but this is my own van and it started leaking like a sieve!!

I have found a cav manual but not quite the right pump and it's description of how to dismantle it is rubbish!

I ran a main dealer workshop for more then 20 years and one of my older technicians had been doing it for years, it cleans out injectors really well, curing lots of smoking issues. We did it on every service but the cars were nowhere near as old as mine and I would not do it on an older vehicle again!

the van also needs a new starter, never seen one so wrecked inside, the brush holders just fell to bits! So now considering an engine swop and have been offered a punto petrol engine, does anyone have any experience of engine swops in Fiorinos?

Should work, depending on your skills...;)
What engine are you considering?
A 1,4 Turbo would be nice in a Fiorino!

I only use Premium fuel (BP Ultimate) in my Alfa jtd, and every 3 fill up, I use an additive, but only for some extra lubricating the high pressure pump.
Car has done 250.000mls now.
I did the same when I owned my 1994 Fiorino Pick-Up, sold it 7 yrs. ago with about 125.000mls, and it's still running today..
I would never consider to use an undiluted aditive though...:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks Peter what sort of year and model of car should I be looking for?

What kind of engine is in right now, diesel or petrol?
Most Fiat engines are based on the same lay-out, so in theory, they all will fit ( with more or less minor modifications of course).
Remember that you will need gearbox, shafts and, if it's a modern engine, ECU and wire loom as well.
You also may need to upgrade the brakes, if you fit a strong(er) engine...

1.7 turbo diesel I was hoping to find an engine that would fit on my original gearbox but I expect that would be to easy!!

Back