Technical Injector pump problem?

Currently reading:
Technical Injector pump problem?

Buckway

Hi

2000 fiat fiorino 1.7td. Background info. On a couple of occasions the fuel gauge has flicked normally towards empty, but not for long and engine cut off for a second at same time but not every time I think (may not be relevant?).

A couple of days ago I started a journey, I got a hundred yards, fuel gauge flickered and engine stalled. Restarted and got half a mile, engine stalled again (but no fuel gauge flicker), tried to restart no luck, disconnected fuel line between filter and injector pump and gravity fed fuel to pump and tried start, no start, I cant find a fuel feed pump and the filter housing did not flow diesel when trying to start. Disconnected injector pipe at injector to try bleed injector pump no flow at injector, tried reset fuel cut off switch no change, is there a fuel cut off at the injector pump and if so what causes it to switch off, checked all visible fuses all ok. tried everywhere to get manual with no luck.
Any help gratefully received Paul

Paul,
You can use any (Fiat) manual, that covers the 1,7 TD Fiat engine.
Manuals for the Fiorino are very hard to find, I'm afraid.
And maybe ask this question again in the main, non model specific "TECH" section on this board.

Last edited:
Back