Technical Injection light always off

Currently reading:
Technical Injection light always off

death_paladin9

First of all greetings to everybody.

I have Tipo 1.4ie and was wondering, shouldn't the injection light be "on", before you start the engine.. My friend had Tipo 1.6ie, and the light was on, before he started the engine.. then it turned off. Is it normal for 1.4ie, to be off in "ready" condition (eletronics activated, but engine waiting to start)?

If someone has 1.4ie, please let me know..

I was worried, that my senzor might be broken. And yes, I had some issues, a couple of times, now in winter, my engine was going below 800 RPM down to 500 when it was in Iddle (without pressed throtle). I thought, I might give it a check for injector, but since the light is always off, it should be fine. I'm guessing the problem with Iddle regulator, when it's realy cold and moisty, that issue comes up. But at the moment, it works fine. Does this car have self-diagnostic, because I went to mecainc, and his BOSCH computer didn't have Tipo 1.4 ie program installed. I checked, and 1.4 ie is using Digiplex 2, 1.6 ie is using Marelli computer. Can Digiplex 2 be diagnosed ?

death_paladin9 said:
I was worried, that my senzor might be broken. And yes, I had some issues, a couple of times, now in winter, my engine was going below 800 RPM down to 500 when it was in Iddle (without pressed throtle). I thought, I might give it a check for injector, but since the light is always off, it should be fine. I'm guessing the problem with Iddle regulator, when it's realy cold and moisty, that issue comes up. But at the moment, it works fine. Does this car have self-diagnostic, because I went to mecainc, and his BOSCH computer didn't have Tipo 1.4 ie program installed. I checked, and 1.4 ie is using Digiplex 2, 1.6 ie is using Marelli computer. Can Digiplex 2 be diagnosed ?
you need to go to a fiat independent garage for the digiplex to be read by a dedicated fault code reader.:)

Hi all,

Firstly, I am new to the site and new to Tipos having finally shaken the strada bug!

I've just bought an M reg 1.4 ie and its injector light does come on before going out when the engine fires.... and seems to be running fine.

I know Sumplug knows his stuff so am concerned mine may be dodgy...

any thoughts?

palicus said:
Hi all,

Firstly, I am new to the site and new to Tipos having finally shaken the strada bug!

I've just bought an M reg 1.4 ie and its injector light does come on before going out when the engine fires.... and seems to be running fine.

any thoughts?

Maybe you have a newer model.. parheaps 95 model, what is the engine number ? mine is 160A1046

palicus said:
Hi all,

any thoughts?
it seems some later tipos were fitted with a bosch SPI injector warning system.
the light will prob be yellow or orange. not to be confused with the ignition red light. it should come on with ignition as a check function. then go out after engine starts. if it stays on, there is a fault somewhere. sorry for the confusion.:)

If I undestand corectly, my 94 model has Bosch Injection System, but injection check system isn't Bosch's ?

death_paladin9 said:
If I undestand corectly, my 94 model has Bosch Injection System, but injection check system isn't Bosch's ?
seems some cars had the system, and some dont. perhaps yours not fitted. have a look on your fuse box lid for any info relating to a SPI injector relay. if the relay is present, so is the system. personally, i would not worry about it. enjoy the car:) (y) :)

I've checked. There is no relay regarding Single point injection. But in my check pannel, the injection light is connected. It is always off, so I think I had no trouble with the Injection system (so far) :)

Back