Technical Information sought on Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS)

Currently reading:
Technical Information sought on Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS)

WitleyPanda

Background :: 2012 1.3 diesel : Flashing odometer, Blue and me repaired, PROXI Alignment Procedure >> Convergence Telematic Node (CTM) results Added/ EOL Failed

a/ Was not aware any EOL parts in this unit? Is there a backup battery for memory? But aware that power line disturbance ( battery/ alternator/ other factors could affect CTM)

Multiscan gives a error with IBS
U1411-87 - Battery sensor (IBS)

b/ What is a U1411-87 fault? is it replace the IBS?
( I am assuming if I clear/rectify the battery sensor fault, then the CTM will sort itself)
Aware other faults show on scan log, but they are clearable, secondary

Peter

Attachments

• SCAN_2404211150.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 5
Second part first: According to an Alfa forum (which came up while Googling that error code) it suggests the fuse to the battery monitoring circuit has blown.

First part - see here: https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/reading-multiecuscan.446984/
EOL meaning End Of Line, makes more sense, than the normal End Of Life Thanks.
Googling the IBS got me on to Punto and 500, but not Alfa, so thanks for the steer.
I am assuming from the other errors that the format of the code is Uxxxx-nn, where xxxx is the unit ID and nn is the type of fault, 87 being no signal, hence probable no power to unit

Will start check fuses again.............

EOL meaning End Of Line, makes more sense, than the normal End Of Life Thanks.
Googling the IBS got me on to Punto and 500, but not Alfa, so thanks for the steer.
I am assuming from the other errors that the format of the code is Uxxxx-nn, where xxxx is the unit ID and nn is the type of fault, 87 being no signal, hence probable no power to unit

Will start check fuses again.............
Also, check very carefully the two wires connected to the battery sensor. There was a post on here a few years back where one had broken just as it goes into the plug as they are pretty thin and fragile.

Back