Tuning Induction

Currently reading:
Tuning Induction

LaurenceM

I cant post a link due to the post limit, but theres an induction kit on ebay called "Fiat Punto MK 2 1.2L 8V Air Induction Kit 1999-2003 NEW RACEBITS"

Although it says 8V, would it fit my punto active sport 16v? Or is it even worth getting?

Ive seen a few threads, but they all seem to cover 8v puntos.

Cheers

Looking at the very same item. I've an 8V so no problems there but also wonder if this is worth the money?

The ad claims to give "better gas mileage and a more intense sound under the hood"

Not really in the game of boy racing, any idea if this will sound ridiculous?

Apparently they sound quite nice! or if you dont wanna spend money apparently you can just drill into the air intake pipe :D I'm looking at getting an induction kit soon! Ford focus ones also fit puntos but i dont know what year you need! have a look on the forums for the focus kits! Arran

the ford focus induction kit does give the car a nice grunt, nothing too chavvy as you may think, i have one fitted on my 1.2 8v with a slight bit of revs it grunts at you:D
its a good choice and beats the terrible k&n one that sits above engine sucking hot air into engine:)
just clarify something, the punto induction kit and ford focus induction kit are the same kit, it was rebranded to stop confusion with punto owners;)
so buying either will fit nicely, just bare in mind this only fits an 8v not 16v.
in terms of better mpg and power, for mpg maybe ive only noticed a few gains of mpg probably around 3-5 extra, for power well.........maybe 0.000001bhp added! its all in your mind, want more bhp paint your brakes red with that you gain ---> 5bhp:rolleyes:

Last edited:
just bare in mind this only fits an 8v not 16v.

Ahh, well that's that out the window. Anyone know of any good ones that'd fit a 16v? (1.2 active sport)

And regarding insurance, adds an extra £20 for me if i change the air filter (with Admiral) - so it's doable :)

Ahh, well that's that out the window. Anyone know of any good ones that'd fit a 16v? (1.2 active sport)

And regarding insurance, adds an extra £20 for me if i change the air filter (with Admiral) - so it's doable :)

i believe the only worthy upgrade for the 16v is the rare and hard to get GSR induction kit

This is why the focus kit became popular

Ziggy

Hi chaps was just having a read of the thread and thought I'd jump in with a comment. Gsr are now back up and running , you can find them by searching for Torque Gsr , they can also be found on Facebook so hopefully that might help out a bit. Cheers

I wouldn't really know where to start if I were to build my own (apart from buying the parts as listed by Azzam) - however i have found this

http:// www. torque7.co/-Punto_mk2_12L_16v/p1901230_8811276.aspx

Incase others out there are in the same spot as me :)

Back