Technical Induction kit question

Currently reading:
Technical Induction kit question

NorthantsJay

Found a cheap induction kit on Amazon, for a mk2 1.2 8v. Mines a mk2b 1.2 8v.

Generic Intake Kits For 1999-2003 Fiat Punto Mk 2 1.2L 8V: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Probably stupid/obvious thing but are the engines the same/similiar enough not to make a difference in fitting it?

Also I'm not expecting amazing (if any) results performance wise, just hoping for a improvement to the sound.

Any tips or input would be hugely appreciated

Thanks. Did think they might be.

Would anyone who knows their stuff, know if they are they right parts for a punto kit? I'm wary of cheap things from Amazon.

Not wanting to sound negative, the only difference by fitting one of these is sound. No power gain will be achieved....:)

Yeah I imagined that would be the case, the only reason I wanted one was to make it sound better. I plan to leave performance upgrades until I'm driving something bigger than a 1.2 lol

Follow up question though, I'm guessing the cone that comes with the kit isn't going to be the best. Would buying a better/bigger/branded cone make any real difference to the sound?
Or does that only matter when you're looking for a performance boost?

So the seller has just messaged me that he apparently hasn't got any more of them in stock and won't be getting anymore eithier.

Can anybody reccomend somewhere I can't get a induction kit for a reasonable price? Only looking to improve the sound of the car. So don't really want to spend big money on one.

Quite easy to do a DIY job. Correct size silicon elbow, joiners etc with your chosen cone filter. Have a look on the "tinternet" for ideas if you're stuck.

Mines a 2004 mk2b not sure if that's a late model or not. Don't think it is tho. Spent the induction kit money on a sub now. So that will be next month's job I think!

04 MK2b will have the 188 1.2 8v like mine. My GF's later 06 MK2b has the GP engine in it :)

Back