Tuning Induction kit

Currently reading:
Tuning Induction kit

benwatson121

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this thing and still getting to grips with how it all works. So my air box in my car is basically disintegrating and really needs to be replaced. I've been looking at some induction kits and I'm really unsure of what to get, I don't know if I have to get one specific for my car or can I get a universal one? Would be great if I can get some help. Cheers.
1.4 16v sporting

Check eBay mate, can get some pretty decent looking KandN kits on there!!! Thinking of getting the 57i kit for my 1.9 sporting (y)

Guys, just a question ... Other than styling the underhood cave, do you really believe in all those pod filters, induction kits, etc, etc, etc crap like that on Fiat Punto?
And no, it is not the how much air is getting ramed in ... It is the density of it and stuff ... The pistons will suck the volume that they can fit ... Nothing more ...

Guys, just a question ... Other than styling the underhood cave, do you really believe in all those pod filters, induction kits, etc, etc, etc crap like that on Fiat Punto?
And no, it is not the how much air is getting ramed in ... It is the density of it and stuff ... The pistons will suck the volume that they can fit ... Nothing more ...

Cold air is more dense then warm air,do under bonnet induction kits not just draw in hot air from the engine compartment ? Colder air=bigger bang.

Yes your right about the density being the most critical factor, but the 'ram' effect means increased pressure which causes increased density, from a quick calc the extra pressure is about 580 Pa at 70mph which is roughly equivalent to a 2deg drop in air temp.

well, maybe at "high end" yes ... You might get 1-2 kW of power, but quite honestly, do you really feel performance improvement?

If I were you I'd steer clear of the K/N 57i induction kit. I had it on my 1.4 T-Jet. I had the car remapped and dyno'd. With the stock airbox with a pipercross intake I was making 156 bhp but with the K/N that dropped to 149 which is terrible. (Same Dyno)

I swapped it out to a forge induction kit that includes the heatshield and it stayed around the 155bhp mark but I get all those noises from the turbo we all love.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

Back