Technical Indicator help

Currently reading:
Technical Indicator help

Mikieroy

Hi guys. I'm new to the site and need your valuable help if possible?

I have a 2007 Fiat Ducato motorhome and the other day my rear indictators suddenly just packed up while driving along. Front, wing and mirror ones are all ok.

Hazards also packed up at rear but bulbs are fine because they flash when activating the alarm.

I have been told it could be the flasher relay, is this likely? If so are the flasher units universal because I can't seem to find a part number for one?

Any help and advice would be hugely appreciated!! TIA!!

Hi,

In order that I or others can give helpfull advice please can your check the model of the Ducato that you have. The x244 model was built until mid 2006 (June?) but due pre-ordering base vehicles by the converters the initial registration could be much later. As an example my x244 PVC was registerd in September 2006. The are large differences between the x244, and the subsequent x250 models.

To decode all this, check the VIN either on the vehicle or in the V5C. Format will be either xxx244nnnnn....... or xxx250nnnnn.......

On both models there is no discrete flasher relay. On the x244 the function is covered by the "switch control module" which is buried in the dash behind the auxilliary switches and below the radio. However on the x250 I understand the the flashers are controlled by the body computer or module (BCM),

However as your vehicle is a MH then it may have an Alko chassis and junction boxes to connect to the Fiat wiring. Unfortunately you may need to get underneath to inspect.

Alternatively if you seek help on a dedicated MH forum such as outandaboutlive which is free, and supply your MH details you may get advice that is specific to your MH. Also you could try searching either on forum, or google. I have read a few threads on outandaboutlive, which may be of some help tp you.

Hi,

In order that I or others can give helpfull advice please can your check the model of the Ducato that you have. The x244 model was built until mid 2006 (June?) but due pre-ordering base vehicles by the converters the initial registration could be much later. As an example my x244 PVC was registerd in September 2006. The are large differences between the x244, and the subsequent x250 models.

To decode all this, check the VIN either on the vehicle or in the V5C. Format will be either xxx244nnnnn....... or xxx250nnnnn.......

On both models there is no discrete flasher relay. On the x244 the function is covered by the "switch control module" which is buried in the dash behind the auxilliary switches and below the radio. However on the x250 I understand the the flashers are controlled by the body computer or module (BCM),

However as your vehicle is a MH then it may have an Alko chassis and junction boxes to connect to the Fiat wiring. Unfortunately you may need to get underneath to inspect.

Alternatively if you seek help on a dedicated MH forum such as outandaboutlive which is free, and supply your MH details you may get advice that is specific to your MH. Also you could try searching either on forum, or google. I have read a few threads on outandaboutlive, which may be of some help tp you.

Thank you so much for your reply. Thought it might be just a simple relay replacement but maybe not so easy? 😔

I will look at outandaboutlive as you suggest.

Many thanks again. 👍

Back