General Indicator buzzer

Currently reading:
General Indicator buzzer

peter0003

Hi All, I want to know if its possible to fit a buzzer to my panda 2009, to let me know when I have left my indcators on when motorway driving and any other time as I'm a little deaf. I have the indicator buzzer already two vey thin wires. Yours Peter0003

Hi All, I want to know if its possible to fit a buzzer to my panda 2009, to let me know when I have left my indcators on when motorway driving and any other time as I'm a little deaf. I have the indicator buzzer already two vey thin wires. Yours Peter0003
This is going back a bit so maybe not applicable now…I had to fit buzzers to a number of Tipo and Tempra, back in the day, for folk as yourself with limited hearing.
The buzzer was a three wire affair, (from ring automotive then Farnells) one to Earth, one to each ind side. We later had to fit diodes to each feed as they used to interfere with (mainly but not exclusively to digital) dashes (used to interfere with tell-tale for indicator and towing symbols?!?).
Much like we had to fit diodes to alarm feeds for the door switches (would send ‘door open’ messages to the tell-tale on the dash)

Used to be very common to put something behind the dash that was just connected to the wires that blinked the lights on the dash. But as Porta Points out these days cars are a lot more complex even the little panda and so splicing things in can cause all sorts of problems.

Some tow bar electrics come with a indicator buzzer installed, within the module, researching this might be an option as it would in effect bypass causing any problems with the dash electrics.

Back