General immobiliser problem

Currently reading:
General immobiliser problem

techbug

hi, new on here not sure this is the right place to post.
anyway.
I removed the battery from my 1998 1.4 bravo to charge it, when i replaced the battery the car wont start and the code light is illuminated on the dash.
i have both red and blue keys but niether seem to work.
i have read through many of the other postings but no one seems to have had this particular problem, most people have lost keys or there ecu is faulty.
any help would be very much appreciated.

Re: immobiliser problem (not)

update, it seems the battery didnt have enough charge, i now have a full charged batt, code light goes out as it should, but still wont start.
i changed the fuel filter prior to this, i have check there is fuel in the lines,
not 100% sure the fuel is actually entering the carb but there is fuel in the fuel inlet pipe attached to the carb, and the plugs are new and sparking.

** the car was running fine untill i changed the fuel filter and sparkplugs now it just turns and turns** any help is appreciated

I had the similar prob with my bravo when it had service/mot, needed a new light switch stalk so the guy disconnected battery to prevent airbag from possibly going off. When battery was reconnected the code light flashed and engine wudnt start, starter motor was going but immobiliser wasnt letting it go any further:confused:. I tried red key, manually entering code etc but in the end had to get a new ecu, code box and keys as it turned out ecu had been wiped some how :bang: so around £120 ish.
Even more annoying was that the mechanic was a friend of the family so I could only squeeze £40 off the bill, il never go back tho!!
I really hope this isnt the case 4 u but sounds familiar and I kno there is nothing on the web that relates.
Good luck!!!!(y)

Almost certain that the relay/fuses box near battery has taken a knock when removing battery, remove, clean and replace all connections, fuses, relays.
Also check inertia switch has not tripped off if it has one.

Zollo- you didn't get new ecu,locks, immo for £120, maybe s/h.

Tony.

Back