Technical immobiliser light on

Currently reading:
Technical immobiliser light on

stevePil

I have the immobiliser light on and have taken the car to the Fiat dealer where they charged £90 to reprogram the key but tell me this does not solve the problem. They can use their Fiat sw to bypass things with a generic code and get the car started.

I was advised it needs a new battery which I did and still this doesnt solve the problem...do these guys really know what they are doing or is it simply what computer says????

The car was originally at garage and diagniosed with Auto gearbox failure, it took me a few months to get a second hand one from ebay and when new automatic gearbox wasfitted when they tried to start car immobiliser light was on so they took Fiat dealer and the saga began

I am not sure the car is back at the original garage. I was looking in the manual and it speaks about Emergency start procedure but of course UK cars are not given the codes.

Apparently the key code light stays on and therfore it hasnt recognised the code.

I guess the problem I have is that technically I am not Fiat's main dealer customer and this is the garage I took my car to so I am battling with them now who should pay.. its like pulling teeth and I find it unrealistic that if the dealer had not sorted the problem why the garage brought the car away but unfortunately they did.

what does jump starting the car have to do with it, I can ask the garage but they have just fitted a new battery but could have tried this using old battery???

Back