Technical immobiliser fault?

Currently reading:
Technical immobiliser fault?

Yesterday I posted a thread as my car wouldn't start. The symptoms were the warning light that displays the car with a padlock through the windscreen coming on and staying on. On the odd occasion it would delay for a few seconds but nevertheless still come on. The car wouldn't start because of this however I had been driving it for an hour previous to when this happened and everything seemed fine. Today I went out to the car and it started 3 times. cautiously I refrained from driving anywhere in fear it wouldn't start and as predicted the third time was the last time it started.
I have proceeded to look under the bonet and find that the a bleeping sound was coming from what we believed to be the coil pack?
So basically my car won't start and I would appreciate if anyone knows of what this problem is or has any advice/suggestions.

cheers

Not smart to split up your Threads on a single issue really, but did your Dad ever find out anything solid about re-setting the immobilizer, & did you try the silicone lube in the ignition barrel?

Yeah we tried the silicone but it didn't seem to do much, I think as far as restting it goes it would need to be sent off and recoded with the key but the fact that the key managed to start the car 4 times in 2 days suggests that the issue isnt directly with the immobiliser? as it does work but only after long periods of time? sorry for the confusion, I felt the thread was more suited to this forum...

first thing i'd check now is the batterys charge (if you have been cranking it it'll soon flatten it) and the conductivity of the engine to battery earth strap (there have been cases of this strap braking down internally giving a high resistance) leading to immobiliser faults simple check is to get a jump lead from teh negative battery terminal and clamp it on to a clean metalic part of the the engine block and try again

Back