General I'm so angry and frustrated I could weep.

Currently reading:
General I'm so angry and frustrated I could weep.

I managed to acquire a front wiring loom from a 4x4 for the Road Rat a little while ago.

So last night I drove up North planning to spend a week here and sort it out once and for all.

Today was the first time I took the loom out of the box and it's a teensy bit useless.

ALL the underbonnet part of the loom has been hacked off. I specifically asked for a complete undamaged loom. I was under the impression that there was some issue with the headlight switch but apart from that, a complete, OK loom.

More time and money wasted. I'm a very angry and frustrated man. In fact in seriously thinking of packing in this project.

It may be for sale soon. I need to think about it all.

I managed to acquire a front wiring loom from a 4x4 for the Road Rat a little while ago.

So last night I drove up North planning to spend a week here and sort it out once and for all.

Today was the first time I took the loom out of the box and it's a teensy bit useless.

ALL the underbonnet part of the loom has been hacked off. I specifically asked for a complete undamaged loom. I was under the impression that there was some issue with the headlight switch but apart from that, a complete, OK loom.

More time and money wasted. I'm a very angry and frustrated man. In fact in seriously thinking of packing in this project.

It may be for sale soon. I need to think about it all.

No No No No No!

Do not give in.

Where you source the wiring loom from? I'd be having words personally (just to let off steam if nothing else).

You can't sell the project now, your so nearly there and done! All the background info you have on the rat etc. You wait. Not long and she'll be done and well worth the reward!

Jon.

Is there not someone here who is breaking a panda who might be able to help out ?

Or if it is still going for peanuts that black panda up for a measly £1 at present ?

Trev :hug:

Agreed, you can't quit now!! You have to show it off at least once and then you'll be hooked! I've thought of packing in Panda's before, only because of the constant abuse I get for owning them, but bringing it to a FF meet can really make it all worth while. I can see how you feel like that, as no one has seen it yet, but your mind will change when its on the road and your getting all the attention! (y) I felt exactly the same way with my white 4x4 too btw and came close to giving up with the rescue job.

I hope you manage to get that wiring loom ok anyway, the panda lot are a good bunch of people and there's bound to be someone who has what you need!

Power on dude!
Si

When I scrapped my 1000 CL about six years ago, I took everything off except the brake pipes and headlining so I should have the loom from it somewhere. If you can't locate a 4x4 loom let me know and I'll try and find it.

I've virtually given up on the CLX, I was out again all day trying to find the bolt. The only dealer I've found with one in stock is in Cyprus. I know some of you probably think I'm nuts, but I refuse to pay Fiat for five bolts when I only need one and because they've put the price up by 1000% in the past ten years. Have I missed something or has Fiat become a subsidary of that well known (Italian) family.

fiat are odd in the way they sell parts. dont give up rick, it'll be so worth it as its so unique. i went to my first auto italia in may and i loved it. seeing your car amongst others and meeting people with similar interests is such fun. someone on here will sort you a loom. I always feel p'ed off with the tempra as its so hard to work on compared to the FIRE engines but i know when working its a brilliant car!

Keep at it!

When I scrapped my 1000 CL about six years ago, I took everything off except the brake pipes and headlining so I should have the loom from it somewhere. If you can't locate a 4x4 loom let me know and I'll try and find it.

I've virtually given up on the CLX, I was out again all day trying to find the bolt. The only dealer I've found with one in stock is in Cyprus. I know some of you probably think I'm nuts, but I refuse to pay Fiat for five bolts when I only need one and because they've put the price up by 1000% in the past ten years. Have I missed something or has Fiat become a subsidary of that well known (Italian) family.

Your like me when I strip Panda's then :p

Well Rick has no excuse now. Two members with looms to offer.

As for the 5 bolts issue. How much do they want for the 5?

Hello people. Thanks for all the encouragement. I've been keeping myself busy working on the interior and trying not to let this get to me. I'm much calmer now. I was ready to commit murder earlier.

Things may not be as bad as they seem. I'm waiting for some news....

As for what loom I need; yes, ideally it must be a MK2 4x4 as it has extra wiring for the switch on the gearbox which lights up the 4x4 light on the dashboard. A small thing I know, but I want everything to work as it should. After all, I've put a lot of work into this, as pointed out by you lot.

So, for now, the project goes on. :)

Most Easterly Pandas: Agreed

CLXCraig: Unfortunately it's a custom bolt with a very fine thread.

default_user: That's great news, good luck with the remainder of your build.

Most Easterly Pandas: Agreed

CLXCraig: Unfortunately it's a custom bolt with a very fine thread.

default_user: That's great news, good luck with the remainder of your build.

Hey mate...what bolt are you after...what thread and size etc? There is alocal place near me that do pretty much any type of fixing in stainless too. (y)

Back