I'm going bald

Currently reading:
I'm going bald

Just got out the bath and it look like it had a fur coat when I got out! and when I pull the hair on the top of my head I get at least 6 or 7 hairs in my hand, I'm only 20 :cry:

It's like menopause for men lol.

or am I just being paranoid?:eek:

dan-the-man said:
Just got out the bath and it look like it had a fur coat when I got out! and when I pull the hair on the top of my head I get at least 6 or 7 hairs in my hand, I'm only 20 :cry:

or am I just being paranoid?:eek:

The singer in my old band (years ago I hasten to add) had the same thing in his early 20's. He was convinced his hair was falling out and he'd be bald by the time he was 30.

He's now 39, asides from a slightly receeding forehead still has a full head of hair.

Unless baldness runs in your family I'd agree that you're just being paranoid ;)

dan-the-man said:

6 or 7 hairs is not a fur coat :no:
Look at your Dad and Grandad. If either of them went bald, chances are you will too. Live with it, and save money on gel to 'spike' the remains with :D

It's ok I reckon, I got paranoid a few months back when I used to have my hair down to my shoulders and I found a FULL LENGHT WHITE HAIR :eek: I was convinced I was going grey (or white) but it was, or hopefully was, just a freak incident. As for going bald, you should see my pillow when I wake up, covered in hairs, but my hairs still thick, just like me :D

Gonna go with Jai and Steve on this one.

I got a bit of a mixed genetic backgorund. Me dads side of the family are Scots and they all live up to the a-typical stereotype. Big, well built, fair, and very ginger. My mums side are skinny, short, dark haired greek types. Unfortunately for me, i inherited my mums colour, my dads height but not his build :mad: . Basically im a dark-haired lanky freak of Crouch proportions. Who drives a Cinquecento.

All the blokes on my dads side start losing their hair from their early 20's and its totally gone by the time they are 25. Mums side, they go grey . . . . . . . VERY GREY. Family do's look like the "George Clooney" appreciation society.

My parents had me when they were very young and i can remember my dad and his brothers going nuts that their hair was falling out so early. To be honest they look better for it. They all have absolutely no trouble pulling fitties and nor do my cousins who are also "follicly challenged". I was secretly hoping mine would go the same way.

Im 28 with a full head of thick hair. However, grey hairs have started punching through with a vengeance, and cos i have such dark hair and features it looks terrible, the **** that gets taken out of me is something chronic lol. Few months back i started to do something about it and i shaved it all down to a no.1. Girlfriend was dubious at first but now she loves it. I've come to love it as well. Always used to make a big deal with my hair - gel, wax, hairdryer etc. - i was worse than a bird :D Ive started going to the gym and im putting on a bit of weight and everyone is telling me this new look suits me. Girlfriend would hate to hear this but i get more attention from the ladies nowadays when i go out for a drink with the lads (not that i do anything about it). It even makes me look years younger as well.

In conclusion mate, just shave it all down and keep it that way, it will be a bit of a shock first, but trust me, you will learn to love it, and you will appreciate all the money you save from not going to the barbers etc. I worked out i used to spend £300 roughly on haircuts and products combined per year! You'll learn to love how easy it is to get ready in the mornings as well. I literally jump out of the shower, shake my head and its dry and ready LOL.
Shaving my head was probably the best fashion choice i ever made.

well, I lose a lot of hair! and I'm only 19 :O, but my hair seems as long and as thick as ever so hopefully I'm not going bald lol, don't think I could ever shave my head, I'd look like too much of a thug! besides, I'd have wasted 40quid on hair straighteners lol :p

Usually there are 2 stages to hair loss in men. From late teens into early twenties, and then it pretty much stagnates. When you get into your fourties and fifties then you lose more. Of course, other things can happen that cause you to lose hair, but generally losing some young doesn't mean you'll be bald at 25.

Back