Im getting good at this....

Currently reading:
Im getting good at this....

arseofbox

Principality Retained :)
Ive just started 2006 by giving myself another eye injury.

...same as before, dust in my best eye. :( Ive scratched the cornea (it was aluminium dust).

I was wearing goggles (unlike the last time)....so would have expected a basic level of protection. I think I need some stuff that's dust/ chemical resistant....or I may use a diving mask next time as they seal well and the tempered glass is really impact resistant :).

But I look perpetually half-stoned (1 eye only!!)

Ouch :( All you need now is arc-eye ;)

chaos said:
Ouch :( All you need now is arc-eye ;)

And happy new year to you I wouldnt wish arc eye on anyone very nasty unfortunatly though its a hazard of the job sorry to hear that your injured Tom :(

PNL said:
And happy new year to you I wouldnt wish arc eye on anyone very nasty unfortunatly though its a hazard of the job sorry to hear that your injured Tom :(

I know arc-eye's nasty :rolleyes: I know what its like
Tom knows what I mean :) (I hope). If not, sorry, Tom.

Last edited:
welders eye is horrid. ive had it several times. infact, i blame it for altering my vision. were you wearing wrap around goggles tom?:(

Sounds painful dude. My mechanic done it one day when working on my car. He went to the hospital next day.... i wouldnt let him leave till he'd finished!!! ;)

Ross

This is odd...it gets better!!

2 days later and the eye still hurts and my vision is rather crooked (fuzzy round the edges and cant comfortably focus on a screen)...so I got sent home from work (not much plea'ing required :) ) and headed to the Emergency Eye Centre at the Manc. Infirmary...

...it appears they didnt notice the shards of metal and rust in my eye (rust probably hadnt formed)...so that's been picked out :). Ive been informed that its gonna hurt a fair bit and Im gonna have blurry vision for about 5 days, oh well, I can still walk to work I guess...

ouch... hope it does start to feel better soon. At least one of your eyes is ok.

KirstyTL said:
ouch... hope it does start to feel better soon. At least one of your eyes is ok.

Well the other one was much weaker from birth...so it isnt much help as I cant use a computer or do very much accureately with that alone!!

Back