If you had up to £2000 to spend LOL

Currently reading:
If you had up to £2000 to spend LOL

Well I am a FIAT fan and have up to £2000 to spend. I do have a few things the car needs to have/be.

1 - FIAT
2 - Petrol
3 - Manual gearbox
4 - Fun to own
5 - Economical to run but nippy
6 - Not fussed on spec, the more basic the better (less to go wrong)

In the past I have had mk1 & Mk2 Punto's, Grande Puntos, 127, 131, Strada, 126, Cinquecento, Delta GT, Delta HF Turbo already (not in that order). I cant decide what to have next.

It has to be cheap but reliable and a small engine that gives excellent MPG. Insurance is irrelevant as I am 35 so it wont cost much anyway.

Suggestions guys and reasons for the suggestion! :slayer:

definately the mk2 punto sporting :D

or a stilo... dunno which engine would suit you best. Josh keeps banging on about his "50-60mpg":shakehead:* but if i were going for one, i would get the 1.8 dynamic (or higher spec) - really nice cars :)

*in his tractor :p

Last edited:
My uno is basic, fun to own and run ,£20 fills the tank! Have never seen another uno on the road since i started to drive, everybody goes whats that went you drive buy! and i think it looks cool! See the UNO for sale section!

mk2 punto sporting

bravo 1.8 HLX

something classic?

maybe a MINT'ish mk1 unoTub might lick your fancy?

tipo sedi, with £1.5k left over to make it work LOL.

fiat barchetta, not sure if you get them that cheap:confused:

Had a couple of Punto Sportings already, suspension is to hard for my liking. Dont like the look of Bravo/Brava's (dont flame me guys I love most Fiats). Tempted with a new shape Panda but £2k is not enough. A classic would be nice.

I have a house brick with a fiat stamp on it you can buy that for 2k :)

How about a FIAT van :)

I have a house full of bricks but I like your idea. Dont want a van, car only...

Last edited:
Classic Fiats in your price range? How about:

1. Strada Abarth
2. Mirafiori TC
3. 128 3/P
4. 127 Sport/ 1300 GT

1 & 2 aren't that economical (high 20's if you're lucky) though offer amazing fun for the money

3 & 4 are great little cars (the 127 Sport revs like banshee).

Downside is that all are very rare, Fiat dealers won't have a clue what they are (sorry mate, Eper doesn't go back that far) and rust may be an issue (just a bit!) Finding second hand spares will also be a problem.

A Uno Turbo can be a good car if you can find one that isn't rusting to bits or hasn't been thrashed/ chavved within an inch of its life. Otherwise, maybe a late model Seicento Sporting (Schumacher version?) could be a good investment.

Classic Fiats in your price range? How about:

1. Strada Abarth
2. Mirafiori TC
3. 128 3/P
4. 127 Sport/ 1300 GT

1 & 2 aren't that economical (high 20's if you're lucky) though offer amazing fun for the money

3 & 4 are great little cars (the 127 Sport revs like banshee).

Downside is that all are very rare, Fiat dealers won't have a clue what they are (sorry mate, Eper doesn't go back that far) and rust may be an issue (just a bit!) Finding second hand spares will also be a problem.

A Uno Turbo can be a good car if you can find one that isn't rusting to bits or hasn't been thrashed/ chavved within an inch of its life. Otherwise, maybe a late model Seicento Sporting (Schumacher version?) could be a good investment.

The only one I have not had is the 128 3p, I am not a fan of that particular model. I have had a day to think about it and I am erring for another Cinq Sporting ATM. My first one was excellent, this time if I have one it has to be yellow. :slayer:

I am in no rush to buy as I have my motorbike to run around until winter so can keep an eye on the classifieds etc.

Back