Technical IAW ECU Live Mapping & Tech Info

Currently reading:
Technical IAW ECU Live Mapping & Tech Info

I also have some problems with seicento and IAW.

I increased the cranking values ​​up to a temperature of 50 °cooling.

it works well and I have no trouble to start the engine.
However I have problems in the heating phase between 30 and 50 °.

on the motronic I did not touch the crancking but simply the values ​​of 2 maps on the cold correction and it s running very well even in cold temperature.(-17° in february this year)

Exactly, 25-45 for me seems to be the problematic range to start, my conclusion so far is that it is overfueled. But I am slowly getting there...

Exactly, 25-45 for me seems to be the problematic range to start, my conclusion so far is that it is overfueled. But I am slowly getting there...

Same feeling for me.
I think it is too rich. I ll work on the map CTxMAP on

temperatures between 30 and 50 to see if I can get better.

And we must work now in summer because we have "summer fuel" with
the largest proportion oh ethanol in fuel.

I bought a ostrich with adaptator to look inside IAW ans try to understand more how it work.
It will also be used for my motronic to help me identify maps.

I've read 27c512 from IAW 18FD.5Z, I made some modifcations, but how to make checksumm? or how to find byte to disable itd. Can someone share any xdf?

I am writing this from memory and just by picking at my code: you sum up word-wise from address $2070 to $FFFF. On the factory bin this should add up to $55AA. If it does not after your modifications, massage the "balancing" word at $FFBC until you get the correct result.

It adds up to much more, like 59E006 in hex.

Attachments

• IAW18FD.zip
    67.5 KB · Views: 111
You did something wrong, moreover I think your file has a reading fault, for me it summed up to 55A1. For my other bins it adds up to 55AA, the Java code:

Code:
import java.io.File;
import java.io.FileInputStream;
import java.io.IOException;

public class CS {
	public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException {
		FileInputStream in = new FileInputStream(new File("orig2.bin"));
		int r = in.read();
		int i = 0;
		byte[] bs = new byte[0x10000];
		while(r != -1) {
			bs[i++] = (byte)r;
			r = in.read();
		}
		in.close();
		assert i == 0x10000;
		int cs = 0;
		for(i=0x2070; i<0x10000; i+=2) {
			int w = ((bs[i] & 0xFF) << 8) | (bs[i+1] & 0xFF);
			cs = (cs + w) & 0xFFFF;
		}
		System.out.printf("CS: %04X\n", cs);
	}
}

One of my ori files attached.

Attachments

• orig2.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 69
byte[] b = File.ReadAllBytes(fName);
long sum = 0;
foreach (var item in b)
{
sum += item;
}
Console.WriteLine(sum.ToString("X"));

ok, I was doing it wrong, you did cs in 16bit, i just summed up in 8bit
If I do it like you got
2D1C 55A1

same algorithm on your file.
2C96 55AA

Then I try to make custom cs in winols like this. It seems to work.

Attachments

• C1.JPG
    C1.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 52
  • C2.JPG
    C2.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 58
Just note, that if your file claimed to be stock has the wrong checksum it means it has been read with faults, you should not be using this file, but get a correct version.

maybe it's not same ecu as yours, this is 18fd.5z
i've read it with willem and verified few times, and now double checked with genius g540 - same binary

Last edited:
Look at the offset 5C6D in your file, this is where the CS start address is in the ASM code, couple of bytes later you have the expected CS value of 55AA. But if your chip does run and does not throw the injector light, then I am really not sure what is going on.

Hello

I put on my sei (IAW16F) butterfly inlet from citroen in 36mm; I keep driving in E85. With emulator, I found interesting maps.

But I still have a problem at the transition from cut off and resumption of injection. the rpm fall down under 500trs and engine cut off.

I am looking for the map that manages the resumption of injection after the cut off
I lookek at F2C8 but it doesnt work on cut off.

If I change on F3AB, will it do something?

If someone can help me i would be great.

Thanks

Which version of bin are you using?

This one. :)

I found a map at F307 (16x1) which after gas release the injection continues for a while;

but this map has no influence on the injection return after cut off.

For the injection calibration I try to use F9F5 (8x1) which it seems to be a calibration regarding coolant temp.
And I think that F9ED (8*1) is another correction for engine start ( I know that fuel cranking is in F447) .

The engine is now running well exept the idling after cut off that I can not manage.

If you can help me :)

Attachments

• FIAT 600 SPORTING MID-Z 16FME6 CHK B1DE.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 77
Try to increase value of 0xF850 (from 0x45 to 0x60 for example to start tuning) and let us know... :)

Try to increase value of 0xF850 (from 0x45 to 0x60 for example to start tuning) and let us know... :)

A big thank you to you for your precious help (y). I increased the value to 69; the engine does not stall anymore. I will be able to continue riding more serenely and try to learn a little more about how this IAW works.
I found a lot of maps but I still do not know what they are used for and what are the effects on engine operation.

I am willing to share my knowledge if someone wants to share his :)

A big thank you to you for your precious help (y). I increased the value to 69; the engine does not stall anymore. I will be able to continue riding more serenely and try to learn a little more about how this IAW works.
I found a lot of maps but I still do not know what they are used for and what are the effects on engine operation.

I am willing to share my knowledge if someone wants to share his :)
(y)

I'm glad I helped you. I see you are at a good point, I started studying some years ago thanks to this post and woj was my inspirer

These are simple but very good ecu :cool:

yes they seem simple but for me l iaw is still complicated. In contrast to the bosh where we know where a map starts and where it ends on the iaw is much more complicated :confus:
with the emulator I try to see more clearly because I am not good enough to disassembly the ecu and I can not find the detailed 16f datasheet.:(

So what was this magic parameter at 0xF850? I am too lazy to dig out my files and bins to check ;)

Back