Styling I want to put some stickers on my wifes 500

Currently reading:
Styling I want to put some stickers on my wifes 500

I bought my wife a BNW Pop back in April. We love it and i must admit to liking it more than my own car.Anyhow when we got it i had the wing mirrors colour coded, the front chrome bumper caprs fitted and it now has a private reg on.At the time i suggested the italian stripes but she refused them. Anyhow i want to take the bull by the horns and surprise her with something a little different BUT TASTEFULL.I have access to a commercial signwriter who can pretty much do anything i like. I dont want a vehicle wrap thats in your face or a car covered in love hearts but something that looks clever and understated.Anyone got any ideas?Oh this will be a surprise so it may have to be ripped off 24hrs later.........

I think what you are looking for is a contradiction in terms. If a stripe is ruled out then you have to go for something like these, which I actually quite like (although not for me). Unfortuately these are definitely not understated.

(I have less than three years until my daughter turns 17 - she wants a pink 500 as her first car but the spotty one would be a great second choice).

New_500.JPG

https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/153139-dotty-my-new-ish-500-1-2-lounge.html

https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/237343-flowery-fiat.html

I dont like them tbh. A bit too in your face for me.She doesnt like the stripes but i do. As she doesnt know about it i still think they look good and she cant say no.Just had a quick look on google images and there is one with the italia stripes but they continue down the bumper. Looks a bit better than the ones that finish on the bonnet and bumper.Hmmm, do i risk it

I bought my wife a BNW Pop back in April. We love it and i must admit to liking it more than my own car.Anyhow when we got it i had the wing mirrors colour coded, the front chrome bumper caprs fitted and it now has a private reg on.At the time i suggested the italian stripes but she refused them. Anyhow i want to take the bull by the horns and surprise her with something a little different BUT TASTEFULL.I have access to a commercial signwriter who can pretty much do anything i like. I dont want a vehicle wrap thats in your face or a car covered in love hearts but something that looks clever and understated.Anyone got any ideas?Oh this will be a surprise so it may have to be ripped off 24hrs later.........

Seriously don't waste your time or money... take her away for the weekend. but If you have time load a pic on Paint and have a go instead.

Women want to keep things simple and practical, take for example wheels, its only men who want super-duper low profile 21” on a small car !! most women would say hey it has wheels, I like the trim.

Anyway, if you go ahead and surprise her we want the full story and how soon you had to take the stickers off :)

I dont like them tbh. A bit too in your face for me.She doesnt like the stripes but i do. As she doesnt know about it i still think they look good and she cant say no.Just had a quick look on google images and there is one with the italia stripes but they continue down the bumper. Looks a bit better than the ones that finish on the bonnet and bumper.Hmmm, do i risk it

You should have had them put on when you ordered the car - then you could have blamed the dealer if she wasn't impressed! We had the black side stripes on our first 500 the Cha Cha Cha Azure Blue one in my sig as I felt it needed 'butching' up for when I drove it, but my wife loved it although it did make her car instantly recognizable everywhere. Our newer one is a more 'classy' colour (Tech House Grey) and we've gone for a more discrete look with smaller wheels and just the Italian Flag wing badges and another one on the boot lid.

The broader Italian stripes would look great on a pop (with no glass roof) but, like you say, need to be bumper to bumper (unlike the fiat ones) and need to be off centre IMO.

Good Luck!

Just been to see the signwriter. Italia strip (off centre) covering roof, bonnet, boot and bumpers. Have the 500 emblem cut out of the green strip on the bonnet and the red stripe at the bumper.Looked quite good.I have all of next week to think of some alternatives but thats my favourite so far. I would prefer something a bit more original but thats all i can think of. At least i have access to the right chemicals for taking them off if needs be :-(

Be interesting to see what insurance companies load a policies premium by for covering the car like that.

TBH - I can see them being tricky about it, but if you think about it, it shouldn't make any real difference as the car is no more expensive to repair after an accident (providing the owner pays for the cost of replacing the graphics) and surely as it's more distinctive it's less likely to be pinched? Also it would be difficult for another driver to claim that he didn't see your car in the event of an accident!

Seriously though, as they are a temporary feature - do you need to tell the insurance company?

TBH - I can see them being tricky about it, but if you think about it, it shouldn't make any real difference as the car is no more expensive to repair after an accident (providing the owner pays for the cost of replacing the graphics) and surely as it's more distinctive it's less likely to be pinched? Also it would be difficult for another driver to claim that he didn't see your car in the event of an accident!

Seriously though, as they are a temporary feature - do you need to tell the insurance company?

Not temporary, they are a change to the vehicle. Anything could be classed as tempoary if you think about it.

Makes it stand out more to vandals, or drunks walking down the road, also can cause distractions, more likly to have someone hit you in traffic as they are distracted by the dots etc, wanting to drive closer to see what they are.

Need to be declaired, some companies may load an extra premium, some companies may be ok, but its still a modification.

Dare I suggest that your choice of stripes etc will appeal mainly to a male audience - ie you like it.

But your wife may be left cold by your choice - although she may hide it well.

I could be soooo wrong tho! FloJo, Chrisilda et al, any comments, thoughts to help the OP?

Take a photo of you and your wife. Transfer it onto and appropriate material and get the car wrapped in it. RESULT!!!:devil:

If it is your wife's car then DON'T DO IT. I would be so pissed off if my other half did something to my car without me knowing about it!

Edit: if you must put something on the car get her involved in choosing whatever it is.

Last edited:
Nope stay away from the car.....if she'd wanted stripes shed have had them.

Get your own 500 to deface lol

I have to agree.. I think I'd be quite upset if someone added vinyls to my car without it being exactly what I wanted it to be.. why not give your wife the present of her choice of vinyls instead, then she can have fun sitting and designing it herself?

Thanks for the advice. I kinda tested the water and suggested some stripes may appear on her car in the near future. She suggested that I may also get my gentlemen parts cut off if in the near future also.

On the face of it I don't think it's worth it. She is totally against ANY stickers whatsoever.

:cry:

Get some stickers for your car then (y)

Back