General i;ve been and gone and done it

Currently reading:
General i;ve been and gone and done it

It does seem that the newly-required emissions testing is having an effect at Fiat. The Fiat UK website no longer lists either the TA or the MJ engines for the 500 - just 'the old faithful' 1.2 petrol... ...
Interestingly, the TA engine has now reappeared on the 500 configurator, with revised emission ratings... so maybe it will come back for the Panda soon? In Italy, both 500 and Panda still have MultiJet offerings too, along with the Petrol/LPG variants (that were never offered in the UK)

Last edited:
well its finally ordered on 26/9/18, haven't been given a date yet, but is 14 weeks the average? also the monthly cost has increased a long with the car tax benefit due to the emissions?

Fionam the Co2 has risen from 114 to 130 which I'd argue is lucky. I didn't think we'd see the 4x4 or Cross again. Anyway, you should have new car in time for Christmas so that's good. (y)

what do you mean you didn't think you would see 4x4 or cross is 130 that high?

130 the average Co2 a car maker meant to average as a company under latest regulations. The TA engine in the 500 has risen by up to 24g/km, somehow with the Panda it's less than this. Road fund licence rockets over 131 g/km too.

130 the average Co2 a car maker meant to average as a company under latest regulations. The TA engine in the 500 has risen by up to 24g/km, somehow with the Panda it's less than this. Road fund licence rockets over 131 g/km too.

What's outrageous is that our esteemed leaders will keep the CO2 Tax Rates based on the old NEDC scale, but applied against the new WTLP numbers, which will net them £M's in extra revenue between now and some time in 2020 when the Tax Rates are realigned to WTLP figures.

I pay £30/year Tax for my 2014 TA 4x4 right now and a more recent identical car registered after 31-Mar-2017 saw that figure rise to £165 for Year-1 and then £140 Year-2 onwards. If the new WTLP CO2 figures for our previously easy-on-the-pocket-to-Tax cars rise above 131g/km level, then that £30 becomes £205 in Year-1. Outrageous.

Back