General I see the 'DTR have a new website' thread has been removed

Currently reading:
General I see the 'DTR have a new website' thread has been removed

Why?

There was no link to the website in the post and no advertising at all. It was simply to advise those of us who already know who DTR are of some relevant news.

Please don't over-moderate the barchetta section. It's not neccessary.

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'd like to see the 'barchetta spotted' section back in here as well please.

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'd like to see the 'barchetta spotted' section back in here as well please.

It's all to do with bringing all sections inline with general forum rules unfortunatly. Has happened in the Panda-Classic section unforunatly (n)

There are other sections for these sorts of bits thought like the leisure-lounge, members groups and spotted-section (y)

closed till section mod comes. whilst you are waiting go read the forum rules that you clicked the box to agree to before joining https://www.fiatforum.com/rules.html

Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback however and invite you to use our help desk if you have any questions or concerns.

a thread does not have to have a link to be an advert!

Why?

There was no link to the website in the post and no advertising at all. It was simply to advise those of us who already know who DTR are of some relevant news.

did there need to be a link to his web site? it is obvious to all who he is and he is promoting his business he and you i am sure know the advert rules to the forum.
and if you feel i am over moderating this section feel free to take it with me personally.

The thing about having the rules like spotted and auction items only posted in the relevant section is that it probably won't reach its target audience. It's a credit to the Fiat Forum really, but it's become so big that a lot of people don't venture away from their car specific forum.

There's a little community built up here where pretty much everyone 'knows' each other (in an Internet forum way) and it would be nice to be able to share some of these things with this group.

I can understand why the separate forums were set up for these particular topics to keep things organised, but it may be more effective to revert to the old 'chaotic' method of allowing these posts in separate car sections.

If anyone searches for a particular item, it'll still show the thread.

Rules are for a purpose, however this thread reminds me of a battle I had many years ago with Thames Water:

'I can't spell 'flexible' mate..Its more than my jobsworth.'

The thing about having the rules like spotted and auction items only posted in the relevant section is that it probably won't reach its target audience. It's a credit to the Fiat Forum really, but it's become so big that a lot of people don't venture away from their car specific forum.

There's a little community built up here where pretty much everyone 'knows' each other (in an Internet forum way) and it would be nice to be able to share some of these things with this group.

I can understand why the separate forums were set up for these particular topics to keep things organised, but it may be more effective to revert to the old 'chaotic' method of allowing these posts in separate car sections.

If anyone searches for a particular item, it'll still show the thread.

I back HP. 110 percent, that means I could back track 10 percent and I'd still be completely behind him!

Yes but we had this before, which was why the side bar and top bars were brought in ... everything can still be seen in one forum listing, even though they are kept in very different places ;)

Oh, all except the "Spotted" - but really there is no room for another bar anywhere :(

Yes but we had this before, which was why the side bar and top bars were brought in ... everything can still be seen in one forum listing, even though they are kept in very different places ;)

Oh, all except the "Spotted" - but really there is no room for another bar anywhere :(

All very valid points. Mind, there are two enormous ugly trainers below this post. Get rid of them and you could get a load more bars - oh, hang on, they might be an advert with a link to a website:D

You're never going to get anything for nothing. On the web that means free content includes adverts. It's a simple fact that we wouldn't have a site like this with loads of features and a pretty spectacular uptime record if it was not for paid advertising. And if you had free advertising you could not also have paid advertising. Saying that it's great that DTR come on here and offer help and advice. I would hate if they left the forum.

I've taken the tongue out of my cheek now Matt. I know youre right but I also agree with Plug about the 'chaotic' posts. I, like many others, enjoy reading all manner of comments from fellow B owners without the need to log on to see them. I have no problems with the idea of the threads at the head of the page but would prefer it if you didn't need to log on to access them. Also, there is a grey area when it comes to mentioning companies or auction sites. I agree that its not acceptable to directly advertise on here for free but, in the recent case of a member seeking an engine, I dont see the harm in fellow members pointing him in the right direction. Apart from that, I'm happy... I'm a lover not a fighter.:D

in the recent case of a member seeking an engine, I dont see the harm in fellow members pointing him in the right direction. Apart from that, I'm happy... I'm a lover not a fighter.:D

but there is same engine in many cars, if he puts wanted ad up people will see it if they have an engine to get rid of, they wont go searching through all the sections on the off chance some one some where has asked for one

but there is same engine in many cars, if he puts wanted ad up people will see it if they have an engine to get rid of, they wont go searching through all the sections on the off chance some one some where has asked for one

True, but if it's in the Barchetta section then the Barchetta members will see it and can add any relevant help to the thread - such as known good suppliers etc.

The popularity of the thread about the Barchetta in the breakers and did anyone want any spares - generously posted by Afroking - is an example.

In all honesty, if it's duplicated in For Sale and Barchetta, does it cause a big problem?

If you want a 'B Spotted' thread there is nothing stopping you posting one in the social groups.. After all, they are there for general banter...

Also true, but as mentioned many owners don't venture out into the brave new world outside their own forum. If looking for a fellow B owner, it's more likely to find them in the B section.

I'm not vehemently ranting and demanding change, if the forum runs happier how it is then so be it - just my two penn'orth :)

The popularity of the thread about the Barchetta in the breakers and did anyone want any spares - generously posted by Afroking - is an example.

that is totally different from a wanted or for-sale ad though as it wasn't his own car an was a favour thread.

it also shows how stuff gets lost if all in 1 section as the same car at same scrappy had been posted some time before that thread, when it was on ebay.
Now with the new system it would be easy to keep track of the original thread if it was added and prefixed in auction watch as there are only 7 threads to look at instead of 2,136

Dave, my point was it wouldn't have attracted as many comments in Auction Watch or For Sale even if it were a car he was breaking himself and asking who wanted what.

Unless someone posted a link in the Barchetta forum, which is forbidden :)

Dave, my point was it wouldn't have attracted as many comments in Auction Watch or For Sale even if it were a car he was breaking himself and asking who wanted what.

wouldnt they have seen it in the AW sidebar?

Also true, but as mentioned many owners don't venture out into the brave new world outside their own forum. If looking for a fellow B owner, it's more likely to find them in the B section.

I'm not vehemently ranting and demanding change, if the forum runs happier how it is then so be it - just my two penn'orth :)

the B social group is within the B forum,right at the top

Last edited:

that's what the classic panda lot used to say, but now if you go look there more of them lot in auction watch than anyone else :D

Back