I Nearly got Robbed :(

Currently reading:
I Nearly got Robbed :(

swansea2007

Cant believe it I Nearly got Robbed :( went to Fiat Garage to get My Lights programmed to work with centeral locking and he goes We charge £50 not including vat to connect up your car to there computer. Fu*&ing hell jaw hit the floor never mind programming it thats just connecting it.

Last edited:
Cant believe it I Nearly got Robbed :( went to Fiat Garage to get My Lights programmed to work with centeral locking and he goes We charge £0 not including vat to connect up your car to there computer. Fu*&ing hell jaw hit the floor never mind programming it thats just connecting it.

yeah,shocking price

check the manual, i think it tells you how to do it

£50 is cheap, my local fiat dealer wants £65 to touch the car.

EDIT: how is my post after yours, it was before it a minute ago :confused:

Last edited:
check the manual, i think it tells you how to do it

£50 is cheap, my local fiat dealer wants £65 to touch the car.

£50 thats not including vat so close enough 60 quid just to hook up to the examiner

oh in that case you're right, and yes it is daylight robbery. that is why the eobd standard was brough in for european cars (2001 for petrol 2004 for deisel), so anyone can diagnose their own car with any equipment that is eobd compatible (e.g. a code reader costs £20 and can be used on any eobd car).

Last edited:
the main dealer will charge you an hours labour wherever it takes 5 mins or more, always have done, my sigma alarm went tiitsup last week, and was told to remove the ecu and take it in for reflashing, which took 3 mins and yes was charged for the hour, Ant!

That's the problem with modern cars, with all the leccy bits there's nothing for the home mechanic to do - I can do a full service but then I'll have blackpool illuminations telling me to take the car to a dealer for service, I've done the service so they'll rob me for £50 just to plug their computer in - and turn out the light - barstewards.

Yeah i got that crap telling me my car needs a servicing een thought it was done last wek. Can my car be connected to a computer at any garage like say a ford garage.???

it depends on your car, if its eobd compatible then yes anywhere can do it. what have you got, model and age?

Last edited:
in that case it is eobd compatible so most independant garages will have equipment that can communicate with the ecu, but i'm not sure if that means they will have the facility to switch off the service message, i would expect it depends on the equipment they use.

Back