i HATE car insurance

Currently reading:
i HATE car insurance

of course not because they cover damage, injuries etc, i agree with insurance and would NEVER drive without it, but it is just a joke how much they charge young drivers!

i'm 20 years old, been driving 2 years on my full liscence, never speed, don't take any risks, keep my car well maintained, im a member of several owners clubs, treat my car with respect, follow ever rule and regulation there is, curteous to other road users, yet im tarred with the same brush as boy racers who do 80 in 30 zones!!!!! :mad:, its not my fault some people are idiots! why should i have to pay for them??????????

i was recently in an accident that was NO fault of my own, i was on a dual carriageway in the outside lane WELL UNDER the speed limit, when a guy decides to not look in his mirror or indicate before pulling out in front of me, he then slammed on his brakes half a second later due to an incident up ahead and i went into the back of him, as i was totally unsighted because he had illegaly cut across me, i had done NOTHING wrong yet I AM BEING BLAMED FOR THE ACCIDENT?????!!!!!, the guy who caused it even more or less admitted to me he didnt look, he shouldnt have even been in my lane as the traffic had a lane merge up ahead and he was just trying to nip past a few cars before 2 lanes merged into 1, how is that my fault? i'd already slowed down and did so even more when i saw him stupidly pulling out, i couldnt get into the first lane at that point, so what was i supposed to do?, he cut me off and braked, causing the accident.... not my fault!!!!!!, im protesting furiously and fighting the case the best i can, but the insurance infrom me ive not got a hope because of my age, and i made contact with him!!!!!!!, i couldnt avoid him because of his action! cant they see that? :bang:

My seicento is a write off for me, im tpf&t and im not covered for damage to my car, and seeing as im getting the blame, i not only loose my ncb, i have to get rid of the car, i cant afford to get it fixed right now, i cant afford another car, and more specifically i cant afford the insurance!!!!!!, no matter what i can find, i cant get it!, i am the only driver in my family, so everyone has had problems created for them, i need the car over christmas and new year more than any other, i have ill relatives to visit on christmas day, but i cant, i had a holiday planned for January, thats cancelled, every single thing i had planned is off, and all because someone never checked their mirrors or cared about the consequences :cry:

i wont have another car for a good 6 or 7 months until i can afford it again if i cant convince the insurers im not to blame, not just that, my driving record is tarnished, i wont be able to get the car i want in the future because of this, the insurance will stop it happening.... i'm in a hell of a mess and i wasnt to blame..... tell me where the fairness is in that. and its mostly down to insurers prosumptions.

oh and my backs been wrecked since the incident........ quadruple whammy (n)

if hes admitted he cut in how can the insurers ignore that? have you got any witnesses? has your insurance got legal protection you could use to fight the case?

i really feel for you, sounds so out of order and youve paid what... £1k-2k for insurance? not sure what else to add really, if something like this happened to me id be gutted(n)

feel for you mate... im in the same boat at the moment.

a guy jumped a red light in august and i hit him in the drivers door as i was setting off from another entrance to the junction. He's trying to claim I set off while the light was still red and not a single person stopped to provide a independant witness account of what happened! The case is still on going, but if i loose, i'll struggle to keep running the punto, never mind run the brava or even get a coupe as i was hoping for :(

if hes admitted he cut in how can the insurers ignore that? have you got any witnesses? has your insurance got legal protection you could use to fight the case?

thats what i'd like to know!!!, he knows he's in the wrong, has said so and theres still nothing i can do about it! all i keep hearing is, if you dont have the witnesses, your younger than him and made contact with him, so you cant fight the case!!, total nonsense, i couldnt avoid him if he cut in on me without looking, and what has my age got to do with it? i wasn't at fault!

there were about 30 drivers that would have seen it, but nobody stopped, only witness is...... a passenger in his car, guess whos side they are on?!! :mad:

feel for you mate... im in the same boat at the moment.

a guy jumped a red light in august and i hit him in the drivers door as i was setting off from another entrance to the junction. He's trying to claim I set off while the light was still red and not a single person stopped to provide a independant witness account of what happened! The case is still on going, but if i loose, i'll struggle to keep running the punto, never mind run the brava or even get a coupe as i was hoping for :(

sorry to hear about this mate, it's very similar to my case it sounds, the insurance people are looking to get it sorted quickly and are taking the easy route out, rather than investigating what actually happened(n)

all that can be done is fight and kick up a fuss until hopefully someone listens..... if we pay all that money for the insurance in the first place, the least they should do is fight your corner, after all, it could save them paying out!

only witness is...... a passenger in his car, guess whos side they are on?!! :mad:

That shouldn't affect you as its not an independant witness. There were 2 other guys in the vehicle i hit and the solicitors who are handling my case said that won't stand up for much as their not independant witnesses, just the guys mates, so of course their going to support him.

Really p*ssed me off that no-one stopped and i bet your feeling the same... if there was an independant witness then this would have been sorted months ago. After we'd collided and were blocking the junction, a lady in the car behind me wound down her window and told the guy that our light was green and we had right of way, but she didn't stick around to give me her details for a witness account :mad:

yeah, i feel exactly the same :(

but thing is, with no independand witnesses, even if they are 50/50 on who is to blame, the fact there is 2 people in their mid 30's or early 40's claiming they (or the driver) did nothing wrong against a 20 year old guy, means i dont have a leg to stand on :( as they supposedlyare supposedly more mature..... and know what they are doing better than i will until their age?????, im just getting made a scapegoat for something i couldnt avoid, just like you are too...... its so unfairly biased its unreal!!

Now i don't know who you are insured through (and wont ask) but are they a Broker?

By a broker i mean someone like Adrian Flux, the AA or Post office.

you have an accident you ring the Broker...

And many appoint an third party "accident management" bunch of monkeys (sorry company)

from what i understand (and am happy to be proved wrong)

This bunch of crettins (well the one we had all out war over) get paid on a Resolution scheme, basically the faster they apportion blame the quicker they get paid........

My mum was hit from behind by another driver as she slowed to turn into the drive (the driver took evasive action and went up the nearside rear wing) and this bunch of muppets took the inital evidence we provided them (the aftermath was caught on CCTV and i got a loads of photos) that my mum "turned across the path of the car behind" (how they came to this conclusion with it been a single carriageway feck knows) due to the type of damage to both cars.. ergo her fault..... This was without them getting their full form back and they shut the case...... and WOULDN'T reopen it (they had got paid so they were happy) at this point its the trigger for your insurance underwriter to pay out....

Anyhow we then contacted the underwriter (this is who your policy is with be it Zurich, Royal and sun alliance, Highway and the rest) who took all the information that we had provided the management company plus more details (they actually waited on the form and diagrams mum had drawn up) and her written statement and we won..........

Dont know if it will help you but you never know I think the

term "turned into my path" will help you along you don't know unless you try

Last edited:
as harsh as it sounds (and is) your at fault for going into the back of the car... I have been told this but both driving instructers (car/bike) on many occasions when i drove a little close.
if you go into a rear of a car it was your fault for driving to close. unless you have hell of a lot of evidence to prove it wrong then you will get the blame.
not long ago there was lots of "accidents" where there would be a MPV full of asians rear ended by a fully loaded lorry. insurance compainy caught onto this after a bit (and lorrys were fitted with camera that caught the MPV's slamming on the brakes)

as harsh as it sounds (and is) your at fault for going into the back of the car... I have been told this but both driving instructers (car/bike) on many occasions when i drove a little close.
if you go into a rear of a car it was your fault for driving to close. unless you have hell of a lot of evidence to prove it wrong then you will get the blame.
not long ago there was lots of "accidents" where there would be a MPV full of asians rear ended by a fully loaded lorry. insurance compainy caught onto this after a bit (and lorrys were fitted with camera that caught the MPV's slamming on the brakes)

Craig whilst that is generally true. On a dual carriageway things are slightly different.
In this case it was as a result of an unsafe manouvre from the guy pulling out to this accident. Its totally his fault as he pulled out and this caused the accident.

Craig whilst that is generally true. On a dual carriageway things are slightly different.
In this case it was as a result of an unsafe manouvre from the guy pulling out to this accident. Its totally his fault as he pulled out and this caused the accident.
yes i agree but insurance companys are crooks really (how can a place take money from you to protect you only to charge more after so you pay them back in the long run(n))
anyway what i was saying is they will just want the easy way out so unless you have witness they will just say you were driving to close or not paying attention :( and the fact you are a young driver will just make them think that even more (plus they are boost your insurance costs more and so make more monies:tosser:)

Dont go to Budget , i am 54 and never had a claim plus i ahve at least 10 years no claims bonus , and i just got my new Fiat 500 1.2 pop, told them of my new car and they are charging me £240 a year for it, plus i had to pay £25 for the changeover ( i have never done this before with any car insurance). I will be chaging again in May but not to Budget !!!

If hes admitted it can't he tell the insurances that and say he's taken full liability thats what the guy done in my accident.

At first when he wasn't admitting it i couldn't afford to get insured on any car because of the quotes they were giving me then when he admitted it, the quotes went right back down.

I hope it all gets sorted, and next time get Fully Comp because you never know what will happen and then your car would of been paid for so you could get a new one :) and they will give you a courtesy car :)

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

Back