i got D in maths gcse

Currently reading:
i got D in maths gcse

jamie86 said:
Personally I think actuall experience of doing the job is better than a bit of paper saying you can do it that's why I dropped out of 6th form
No I meant to actually get into college in the first place not when leaving to get a job.

I wouldn't have been able to do my job I'm in without college so it all depends

Did my maths GCSE in 9 months..you can guess the rest :p

Beau, you need to resit and work harder next time, a D in GCSE for somebody so young will limit you an awful lot initially. The problem is that at 16 you have no experience (etc.) unlike some of these oldies (;)). The oldies might "get away" with a D but you will have to wait a while until your experience takes over from your grades. A "C grade" really opens some doors for younger people.

I would say well done (etc.) but since you're so blasé about it you probably wouldn't care.

Personally I think "modular" GCSE maths makes a mockery of the system but hey ho...

If you go to college/ sixth form around my area you have to get a C or above else they make you retake it. It you dont get a C on the november retakes you get thrown out :)

I got a B in GCSE and was disappointed with it :eek: I left school before my GCSE's and just went in to take the exams so its my own fault i hadnt even been taught anything during year 11. :eek:

Anyway i went on to do maths AS level and got a U there was a HUGE difference between what you needed to know for GCSE and what you needed for AS.

On a side note; Paul you should know. When do the results come out for the January AS exams? I've never done them in sections before like this but its made them a whole lot easier! :eek:

black_cinq said:
Anyway i went on to do maths AS level and got a U there was a HUGE difference between what you needed to know for GCSE and what you needed for AS.

On a side note; Paul you should know. When do the results come out for the January AS exams? I've never done them in sections before like this but its made them a whole lot easier! :eek:

The step up from GCSE to AS/A2 is massive - especially in languages. The step up to a degree is a lot less :)

Lora, the exact date would depend on yor Exam Board - but as Paul said, March ish time is a good guess (y)

Oh, and Beau............if you can resubmit your coursework, do it. When I did GCSE Maths, we all got either full marks or a mark or two off. Mind you, we did have a pretty good teacher :)

I remember our cwk in maths GCSE, you were supposed to do 2-3 in my school but since I joined late I only had the chance to do 1, to this day I still remember the time he took me out and said "8 8 8" which was the best I could get and replied "phew!".

Cwk is only a small amount is it not? I would guess only 15% or so?

And Chaos, you're crazy about saying a degree isn't much of a step up! :eek: I disagree lol, I found AS/A2 a natural progression of GCSE, more difficult concepts but totally spoon fed and obvious exam questions. I find uni work often abstract, NEVER spoon fed and with exams you could never predict. Maybe I just did the wrong course though ;)

Ohh can't wait until my first exam, wahoo! (tuesday, solid fluid systems, oh dear!)

The Negotiator said:
And Chaos, you're crazy about saying a degree isn't much of a step up! :eek: I disagree lol, I found AS/A2 a natural progression of GCSE, more difficult concepts but totally spoon fed and obvious exam questions.

I'm crazy anyway ;)
I found adapting to the degree material a lot easier than adapting to AS Level. Everyone else I know feels the same way :confused: Maybe its just you :p

uno_94 said:
i got D in maths gcse...:cry:...
Don't worry, you don't need maths - eBay have computers that work out how much your auction fees add up to automatically! :p
H

Maybe I am just fed up of learning, full stop....

I drove all my stuff back up to Manc yesterday and drove back, I felt physically repulsed when I got to where I live :(

Got to get the train up tomorrow...fun fun fun.

The Negotiator said:
I drove all my stuff back up to Manc yesterday and drove back, I felt physically repulsed when I got to where I live :(

Nah, its the thought of the work you have to do...............:)

The Negotiator said:
lol, why should I know, I did those exams 3 years ago!

March?

Cause you're clever.

I only found out what i got in my psychology last year cause my teacher range me up screaming down the phone telling me i got an A i think she was more excited than me.

I never did get my results slip so she could have been making it all up :p

Hmm, Dai. Degree - we'll get to that when i pass my A levels! :D

The Negotiator said:
Maybe I am just fed up of learning, full stop....

Got to get the train up tomorrow...fun fun fun.

It looked dead posh when you showed me the pics :eek:

Only a few years left chuck ;)

black_cinq said:
Hmm, Dai. Degree - we'll get to that when i pass my A levels! :D

(y) Any ideas on what you want to do at Uni? :)

black_cinq said:
Ah, well you can pretend to anyone that doesnt visit that its really nice ;)

I got a friend in Manchester...........he doesn't like living there all that much :(

I got a B in Maths, had to have private tutoring as i too didnt do well, and it was money well spent.

Think you should study a bit harder, a D will not look good for a maths GCSE result when going for a job interview

Back